My three year old has bad breath

krisjohn53223

My son was having really bad breath before he got his tonsils/adenoids out and then the bad breath came back a few months later. Turns out his adenoids had grown back. He had them removed again and it had been better. Although he does get bad breath before a sinus infection.

kitomd21

My daughter has always had an odd odor to her breath. Not bad, necessarily, but not good either. She currently and has always cultured staph and I've just attributed it to that. Whether I'm right or wrong, I don't know. I have been told that bad breath is often related to sinus infections...she doesn't complain about her sinuses but does snore. Worried about polyps...

kitomd21

My daughter has always had an odd odor to her breath. Not bad, necessarily, but not good either. She currently and has always cultured staph and I've just attributed it to that. Whether I'm right or wrong, I don't know. I have been told that bad breath is often related to sinus infections...she doesn't complain about her sinuses but does snore. Worried about polyps...

kitomd21

G

grantsmom

Thanks to everyone who responded. He has an appt next week with the cf clinic and hopefully they will have some answers. Im thinking its probably his sinuses. Thanks again

G

grantsmom

Thanks to everyone who responded. He has an appt next week with the cf clinic and hopefully they will have some answers. Im thinking its probably his sinuses. Thanks again

G

grantsmom

Thanks to everyone who responded. He has an appt next week with the cf clinic and hopefully they will have some answers. Im thinking its probably his sinuses. Thanks again<BR>

MOMTOGIRL2005

My DD has had bad breath since I can remember. I thought this was "normal" for CF. She had her tonsils removed a couple of years ago and it got a little bit better. She is 6 years old and she started using rinses in the morning. This seems to help but doesn't last long. Her bad breath comes back soon. Hope CF Center have some answers for you.

MOMTOGIRL2005

My DD has had bad breath since I can remember. I thought this was "normal" for CF. She had her tonsils removed a couple of years ago and it got a little bit better. She is 6 years old and she started using rinses in the morning. This seems to help but doesn't last long. Her bad breath comes back soon. Hope CF Center have some answers for you.

MOMTOGIRL2005

ajlindsley

<br>Hi Missy,After checking out the above mentioned suggestions and he still has bad breath then look into whether the smell is coming from his stomach.  My son's breath was so bad that it smelled like he had thrown up.  We checked his sinues and teeth (for decay).  Those  were not the problem.  He wasn't on any antibiotics, so it wasn't thrush.  What we found out was when he was constipated the "backup" caused a horrible smell.  The fix was using a low dose of miralax on a routine basis.  Hope you figure it out soon.  <br>Amy

ajlindsley

<br>Hi Missy,After checking out the above mentioned suggestions and he still has bad breath then look into whether the smell is coming from his stomach. My son's breath was so bad that it smelled like he had thrown up. We checked his sinues and teeth (for decay). Those were not the problem. He wasn't on any antibiotics, so it wasn't thrush. What we found out was when he was constipated the "backup" caused a horrible smell. The fix was using a low dose of miralax on a routine basis. Hope you figure it out soon. <br>Amy

ajlindsley

<p><br>Hi Missy,<p>After checking out the above mentioned suggestions and he still has bad breath then look into whether the smell is coming from his stomach. My son's breath was so bad that it smelled like he had thrown up. We checked his sinues and teeth (for decay). Those were not the problem. He wasn't on any antibiotics, so it wasn't thrush. What we found out was when he was constipated the "backup" caused a horrible smell. The fix was using a low dose of miralax on a routine basis. Hope you figure it out soon. <br>Amy

Tisha

It could be a heavier-than-usual lung infection, that is often the case with me. Or too much medication ruining your stomach.

Tisha

It could be a heavier-than-usual lung infection, that is often the case with me. Or too much medication ruining your stomach.

Tisha

Tisha