mycelex troche

I was wondering if anybody else was taking the mycelex troche tablets after you eat and if they are taken forever after transplant or do we get to stop taking them at some point ????

I was wondering if anybody else was taking the mycelex troche tablets after you eat and if they are taken forever after transplant or do we get to stop taking them at some point????

<BR>I was wondering if anybody else was taking the mycelex troche tablets after you eat and if they are taken forever after transplant or do we get to stop taking them at some point????

Ready2Dance

I didn't take that drug specifically, but I did take something similar. I can't remember the name of it, but I do remember it was an awful liquid. After some time, they switched me to a different anti-fungal (sporonox) until I developed some fungus in one of my cultures, so they then switched me to Vfend. Of course, it's never that simple with me, and I developed sores on my body from that drug and they had to switch me to noxifil. But, to answer your question, you will most likely be on some sort of antifungal the rest of your life (it contributes to your antirejection med levels and is used as a prophylactic) but the specific type that you are on may change.

Ready2Dance

I didn't take that drug specifically, but I did take something similar. I can't remember the name of it, but I do remember it was an awful liquid. After some time, they switched me to a different anti-fungal (sporonox) until I developed some fungus in one of my cultures, so they then switched me to Vfend. Of course, it's never that simple with me, and I developed sores on my body from that drug and they had to switch me to noxifil. But, to answer your question, you will most likely be on some sort of antifungal the rest of your life (it contributes to your antirejection med levels and is used as a prophylactic) but the specific type that you are on may change.

Ready2Dance

jfarel

I think we take it forever. But I am not positive. I have been on for 14 months. Every day post transplant.

jfarel

I think we take it forever. But I am not positive. I have been on for 14 months. Every day post transplant.

jfarel