Mycobacterium abcsessus

PF

<br>Interesting to see others experiences. I've had Myco Ab. for about 15 years. I have cavities in my lungs and have frequent alternating treatments of 9 months oral Azithromycin & Rifabutin with nebulised Amikacin & Aztreonam. I know I need treatment by the amount of blood I cough up. I also have the infection in my intestine which has caused much damage & my ascending colon had to be removed. My transverse colon is now affected but I try to manage the symptoms!

PF

<br>Interesting to see others experiences. I've had Myco Ab. for about 15 years. I have cavities in my lungs and have frequent alternating treatments of 9 months oral Azithromycin & Rifabutin with nebulised Amikacin & Aztreonam. I know I need treatment by the amount of blood I cough up. I also have the infection in my intestine which has caused much damage & my ascending colon had to be removed. My transverse colon is now affected but I try to manage the symptoms!

PF

PF

PF

C

cindylou

I would be really interested to know - how did you get diagnosed with this? Were you symptomatic? Did it show up on a CT scan? Was it just a regular sputum culture?

I have a long-standing problem with the lab used by the clinic I'm currently going to, since in 3 years they have never been able to get a real sputum culture on me. (They always say "normal flora" even when I'm way sick and in the hospital.) So it makes it hard to target exactly what's going on. I definitely have frequent fevers and exhaustion all the time, and have had my first episodes of hempoptysis this year. However.. I had a CT scan last year, so I'm guessing I probably don't have this bacteria - wouldn't it have shown up on the scan?

Anyway, just wondering!

C

cindylou

I would be really interested to know - how did you get diagnosed with this? Were you symptomatic? Did it show up on a CT scan? Was it just a regular sputum culture?

I have a long-standing problem with the lab used by the clinic I'm currently going to, since in 3 years they have never been able to get a real sputum culture on me. (They always say "normal flora" even when I'm way sick and in the hospital.) So it makes it hard to target exactly what's going on. I definitely have frequent fevers and exhaustion all the time, and have had my first episodes of hempoptysis this year. However.. I had a CT scan last year, so I'm guessing I probably don't have this bacteria - wouldn't it have shown up on the scan?

Anyway, just wondering!

C

cindylou

<br />
<br />I have a long-standing problem with the lab used by the clinic I'm currently going to, since in 3 years they have never been able to get a real sputum culture on me. (They always say "normal flora" even when I'm way sick and in the hospital.) So it makes it hard to target exactly what's going on. I definitely have frequent fevers and exhaustion all the time, and have had my first episodes of hempoptysis this year. However.. I had a CT scan last year, so I'm guessing I probably don't have this bacteria - wouldn't it have shown up on the scan?
<br />
<br />Anyway, just wondering!