MyKidsChart

Mammahuff

Austin went to clinic this past week and they are startinga new program called MyKidsChart where you can view your childs medical record online. i know some of the centers already have this. Our clinic is just starting.

I registered the other day for it and I absolutely love it already.

What the MyKidschart is? It's a free, safe and secure program where you can view your child's test results, get e-mail alerts from your healthcare provider, request prescription renewals, and send messages to your pulmonary staff.

I was able to track Austins growth chart. Check for his appts. See his sputum results which were Normal flora and a scant growth of staph. See the list of his medications and more.

If you dont have this at your clinic I would suggest it to them. I think it's great.

Mammahuff

Austin went to clinic this past week and they are startinga new program called MyKidsChart where you can view your childs medical record online. i know some of the centers already have this. Our clinic is just starting.

I registered the other day for it and I absolutely love it already.

What the MyKidschart is? It's a free, safe and secure program where you can view your child's test results, get e-mail alerts from your healthcare provider, request prescription renewals, and send messages to your pulmonary staff.

I was able to track Austins growth chart. Check for his appts. See his sputum results which were Normal flora and a scant growth of staph. See the list of his medications and more.

If you dont have this at your clinic I would suggest it to them. I think it's great.

Mammahuff

<br />
<br />I registered the other day for it and I absolutely love it already.
<br />
<br />What the MyKidschart is? It's a free, safe and secure program where you can view your child's test results, get e-mail alerts from your healthcare provider, request prescription renewals, and send messages to your pulmonary staff.
<br />
<br />I was able to track Austins growth chart. Check for his appts. See his sputum results which were Normal flora and a scant growth of staph. See the list of his medications and more.
<br />
<br />If you dont have this at your clinic I would suggest it to them. I think it's great.

just1more

Just one note of warning.

There is no such thing as secure & online in the same sentence. Furthermore, in most states they don't even have to tell you if they 'think' someone has breached security.

If you doubt this, remember that banks which have 100+ years experience in keeping things private continue to have security losses regularly. As does the CIA and the Pentagon!

I think some of the initiatives out there are great in principle, but just remember that by agreeing you risk EVERYTHING in his chart being accessed by someone you don't know. This is one of the greatest weaknesses in the President's plan to move the country to electronic records as we don't have a consistent way to protect electronic data that is online.

just1more

There is no such thing as secure & online in the same sentence. Furthermore, in most states they don't even have to tell you if they 'think' someone has breached security.

If you doubt this, remember that banks which have 100+ years experience in keeping things private continue to have security losses regularly. As does the CIA and the Pentagon!

I think some of the initiatives out there are great in principle, but just remember that by agreeing you risk EVERYTHING in his chart being accessed by someone you don't know. This is one of the greatest weaknesses in the President's plan to move the country to electronic records as we don't have a consistent way to protect electronic data that is online.

just1more

<br />
<br />There is no such thing as secure & online in the same sentence. Furthermore, in most states they don't even have to tell you if they 'think' someone has breached security.
<br />
<br />If you doubt this, remember that banks which have 100+ years experience in keeping things private continue to have security losses regularly. As does the CIA and the Pentagon!
<br />
<br />I think some of the initiatives out there are great in principle, but just remember that by agreeing you risk EVERYTHING in his chart being accessed by someone you don't know. This is one of the greatest weaknesses in the President's plan to move the country to electronic records as we don't have a consistent way to protect electronic data that is online.

Jana

I've had my health care through Kaiser Permanente for years, and they went to a system like that quite some time ago. It really is great as my doctors are almost always available via e-mail, I can order all of my refills online, and I can view all of my test results as soon as the doctor sees them. It just seems much easier to stay informed this way.

Jana

I've had my health care through Kaiser Permanente for years, and they went to a system like that quite some time ago. It really is great as my doctors are almost always available via e-mail, I can order all of my refills online, and I can view all of my test results as soon as the doctor sees them. It just seems much easier to stay informed this way.

Jana

Jane

Digital opinion leader
We have that at Boston Childrens too. Of course the doctors didn't tell us -Cherylwithone told me about it! Thanks Cheryl.

Jane

Digital opinion leader
We have that at Boston Childrens too. Of course the doctors didn't tell us -Cherylwithone told me about it! Thanks Cheryl.

Jane

Digital opinion leader