NAC

rvm1212

To those of you that are on Nac, would like to know how are you doing on it. Have you notice any difference since starting it? What dose are you taking?
My boyfriend has been on 600 mg twice a day and I think his is doing better since his on it. Less coughing. He had the same number of flare ups though, (4 last year, treated with oral). I was wondering if going on a higher dosis would decrease his infections. His doctor said it was safe to try. (Here in spain you get nac with a prescription).
What are you experiences with it?
Thanks

rvm1212

To those of you that are on Nac, would like to know how are you doing on it. Have you notice any difference since starting it? What dose are you taking?
My boyfriend has been on 600 mg twice a day and I think his is doing better since his on it. Less coughing. He had the same number of flare ups though, (4 last year, treated with oral). I was wondering if going on a higher dosis would decrease his infections. His doctor said it was safe to try. (Here in spain you get nac with a prescription).
Thanks

rvm1212

Thanks

rvm1212

Thanks

rvm1212

Thanks

jfarel

I didn't notice much difference by my pft's are very low. Could be it too late for met to see much difference. I believe several others are using high doses. I know Sakasuka is. You can probably PM her if she doesn't chime in.

jfarel

I didn't notice much difference by my pft's are very low. Could be it too late for met to see much difference. I believe several others are using high doses. I know Sakasuka is. You can probably PM her if she doesn't chime in.

jfarel

jfarel

jfarel

DanielleB

I just started taking NAC, and so far so good. I know that there is a risk with taking NAC if it is manufactured improperly and allowed to oxidize, which reduces effectiveness and can be dangerous. So i spent a long time doing research on the best brand to buy, and I found PharmaNAC, made by BioAdvantex (which is the one I ended up purchasing and taking). Out of all the brands I looked into, PharmaNAC seems to have the highest quality control standards, and ensures that their product does not oxidize and is therefore safe and will work well.
Take care.

DanielleB

I just started taking NAC, and so far so good. I know that there is a risk with taking NAC if it is manufactured improperly and allowed to oxidize, which reduces effectiveness and can be dangerous. So i spent a long time doing research on the best brand to buy, and I found PharmaNAC, made by BioAdvantex (which is the one I ended up purchasing and taking). Out of all the brands I looked into, PharmaNAC seems to have the highest quality control standards, and ensures that their product does not oxidize and is therefore safe and will work well.
Take care.

DanielleB

<br />Take care.

T

TleighsHusband

I don't know about dosage, but I know that NAC helped tiffany. It definitely made it easier to cough up the mucous. She could tell the difference from when she was on it and when she was not on it. The stuff isn't cheap and I have some still if anyone is interested in it for free. It is the PharmaNAC brand. Feel free to PM me if you are interested and can use the help.

T

TleighsHusband

I don't know about dosage, but I know that NAC helped tiffany. It definitely made it easier to cough up the mucous. She could tell the difference from when she was on it and when she was not on it. The stuff isn't cheap and I have some still if anyone is interested in it for free. It is the PharmaNAC brand. Feel free to PM me if you are interested and can use the help.