Nanny Available

mom2caseyafrica

Dealing with a diagnosis like cf is hard enough. I have been living in Texas since february and the only job I have been able to find is watching a little boy 50+ hours a week for 140 dollars a week. I am going nuts. My husband has not been able to find work. And we need to be out of our current home by the end of august. I need to find a better job so I can make enough money to survive, take care of my own daughter, and maybe even take a few classes online to work toward getting a degree in genetic researching. I am very good with kids. I have been thinking about this for the past few days and I wanted to see if anyone in Texas, Missouri, or California is looking for a nanny. Since my daughter has cystic fibrosis, and I am already accustomed to giving enzymes, breathing treatments, and all other special needs related to cf, I thought I would try watching other children with the same disease. This could also give my daughter friends who she could understand, and they could grow and fight this disease together. Not to mention a good support group for us as parents. If there is anyone out there that would like to know of my work history I would be glad to email you my resume. Again I am looking for families in Texas, California, or Misourri because I have family in all three of those states and I would like to remain close to family.

mom2caseyafrica

Dealing with a diagnosis like cf is hard enough. I have been living in Texas since february and the only job I have been able to find is watching a little boy 50+ hours a week for 140 dollars a week. I am going nuts. My husband has not been able to find work. And we need to be out of our current home by the end of august. I need to find a better job so I can make enough money to survive, take care of my own daughter, and maybe even take a few classes online to work toward getting a degree in genetic researching. I am very good with kids. I have been thinking about this for the past few days and I wanted to see if anyone in Texas, Missouri, or California is looking for a nanny. Since my daughter has cystic fibrosis, and I am already accustomed to giving enzymes, breathing treatments, and all other special needs related to cf, I thought I would try watching other children with the same disease. This could also give my daughter friends who she could understand, and they could grow and fight this disease together. Not to mention a good support group for us as parents. If there is anyone out there that would like to know of my work history I would be glad to email you my resume. Again I am looking for families in Texas, California, or Misourri because I have family in all three of those states and I would like to remain close to family.

mom2caseyafrica

beansmom

I know someone who would be very interested...but I have a few questions for you first...I can not figure out how to Private Message, so could you please private message me and I will private message you back. I am in California. I have a child with CF and already have a nanny but have a friend with 2 kids with CF who has desperately been looking for a nanny for about 6 months.

beansmom

I know someone who would be very interested...but I have a few questions for you first...I can not figure out how to Private Message, so could you please private message me and I will private message you back. I am in California. I have a child with CF and already have a nanny but have a friend with 2 kids with CF who has desperately been looking for a nanny for about 6 months.

beansmom

Liza

FYI, To PM someone just click on the icon next to the printer. See the block where they just posted? There's a lightbulb, and person with an ! in a blue circle, then a person with a cartoon bubble this is the PM icon, then the printer.

Liza

FYI, To PM someone just click on the icon next to the printer. See the block where they just posted? There's a lightbulb, and person with an ! in a blue circle, then a person with a cartoon bubble this is the PM icon, then the printer.

Liza

mom2caseyafrica

Yes debs2girls. I have thought about cross contamination. I know that in all due reality every parent of a child with cf would love to keep their child away from all germs, maybe even keep them in a plastic bubble. I know there are days when I would like to bubble wrap my daughter. But I think that caring for more than one cf child in a controlled environment is a lot safer than putting one child with cf in a preschool where they could get sick every week. However, every parent has to make their own decisions on what is best for their child. I completely understand your concerns and I want to thank you for bringing up that question.

mom2caseyafrica

Yes debs2girls. I have thought about cross contamination. I know that in all due reality every parent of a child with cf would love to keep their child away from all germs, maybe even keep them in a plastic bubble. I know there are days when I would like to bubble wrap my daughter. But I think that caring for more than one cf child in a controlled environment is a lot safer than putting one child with cf in a preschool where they could get sick every week. However, every parent has to make their own decisions on what is best for their child. I completely understand your concerns and I want to thank you for bringing up that question.

mom2caseyafrica