Nasal irrigation for sinus problems

anonymous

Does anyone use nasal irrigation for sinuses? Anyone do it on their child? Our son is 5 and we are doing nasal irrigations; however, our dr told us we should try using a water pik to irrigate the sinuses? Does anyone do that? If so, does it help more than just using a bulb syringe? Is it painful? Also, we're just making our own solution with water, salt, and baking soda; however, I've read about a couple other products that can be used instead. One is called Sinus Wash ( http://www.neilmed.com/ ), the other is called Breathe Ease-XL http://www.natlallergy.com/allergy/products/cart/display/view_one_spread.txt/spreadid/1348/page/BreatheeaseXL Has anyone ever used either of these, or any other product? If so, was it better than just making your own? Did it sting? We are trying to avoid a sinus surgery for our son and are looking for any suggestions. He uses rhinocort aqua and guaifed plus the nasal irrigation. Thanks!

anonymous

hi... i am 17 y/o w/ cf. i have had MANY sinus surgeries, which have helped some, but not completely. i use the sinus wash bottle and packets... the sinus wash bottle is much easier than the bulb syringe... you add a packet, fill with warm water to the line on the bottle, shake, and then use it. it is really easy, and i know many younger people (as young as 4) who can actually use the sinus wash themselves. i also am on nasacort aq and fennesin tabs. hope this helps.

Ferris

Yes I used to do the water pik method and it worked like a charm. I stopped once I moved out my house and start living with non family, it was easier not explain the water pik and coughing noise in the morning. Anyway it works very well, though I'm not sure if you mentioned it or not it's not just the regular water pik tip but a special irragation tip. It doesn't sting and the larger outlet relieves the pressure significantly so the water pik acts more like a pump and not a plaque remover

Dea

I have just had my second sinus surgery...unfortunately I have to agree that the sinus surgeries don't help 100%, and in my case nor does sinus irrigation. The irrigations seems to help me right after surgeries...but after that...doesnt seem to help me much. The irrigations are not painful in the least....so you can be reassured of that...I feel sorry for your little guy having to through these problems at such a young age. I was about 25 when I started having sinus problems...shortly after the birth of my daughter. My pregnancy changed my body in many different ways.....anyway...good luck to your family...and to the little guy!Dea

anonymous

Dont know about sinus irrigation but this cleared my sinus problems completely. A 650nm >4mw Red Laser Pen was applied to a suitable blood vein extenally/nose side for 60 seconds (ie) LLLT low level light therapy. say once a month until my symptoms dissapeared. You could you try it on your son to see if that works. N.B.

anonymous

Laser light, You're a sick freak. There is no way that crap is true, so rot in hell for posting such trash on our bord.

anonymous

I HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH SINUS PRESSURE ONLY. NO RUNNY NOSE OR STUFFY STUFF. SINCE I WAS PREGNANT AND ON HORMONES I WAS INITIALLY DIZZY NOW IT SEEMS TO HAVE DISSAPATED TO SINUS PRESSURE. SOME DAYS GOOD SOME DAYS BAD. I EVEN HAD A MRI BUT THAT IS CLEAR. ANY COMMENTS OR SIMILAR EXPERIENCES OUT THERE. RELIEF WOULD BE NICE. THANKSHOPEFUL