Nasonex on back order?

Rebjane

Super Moderator
I went to the pharmacy to refill my daughter's Nasonex and it is on back order until December. Wondering what you all use besides Nasonex for nasal polyps? She does her Nasonex 2 squirts once a day.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS doesn't have issues with polyps; however, he WAS prescribed Nasonex (2 squirts once a day) for inflammation and then our insurance decided it was a non-formulary and we had to pay over $80 a month for it. So our ENT prescribed generic Flonase. DS doesn't seem to mind, but to me it smells super perfumy.

Oboe

I take fluticasone for probably similar inflammation to Ratatosk's kid. It's a generic flonase and works well enough. I don't pay out of pocket but according to google it costs like $11-20 at the stores it lists (walmart, walgreens, kroger, etc.) I don't know if it'll help with polyps, though.

CF in TX

I also use flonase (fluticasone) which has worked great.. I used nasonex in the past and barely noticed a difference. I also use the OTC sinus flush packets on a daily basis which help particularly during bad allergy season. If I'm missing my flonase, I might do the sinus flush an extra 1-2 times a day to rinse everything out.

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator
I have to have Nasal Polyps removed every few years. In the mean time the ENT Dr. wants me to do daily sinus rinses which I refuse because of my horrible gag reflux. Since I don't do that the CF doctor said to at least use regular saline spray twice a day (cheap to buy) AND Flonase as well. Make sure to use saline FIRST or else it will wash away the Flonase.