Navigating health insurance

Buckeye

Does it specifically state in her Blue Cross policy that they don't cover compounded or name brand drugs? If it does then they really don't cover it. If it doesn't state that then you could appeal it.Instead of having an individual plan just for her that doesn't seem to cover everything she needs, is there any way that your husband or you can get a job that does offer health insurance? In our case, my husband would never even consider a job that did not offer a health insurance plan. It's absolutely vital to our family. We do still pay quite a bit in co-pays, but that is one of the reasons why I work.

Buckeye

Does it specifically state in her Blue Cross policy that they don't cover compounded or name brand drugs? If it does then they really don't cover it. If it doesn't state that then you could appeal it.Instead of having an individual plan just for her that doesn't seem to cover everything she needs, is there any way that your husband or you can get a job that does offer health insurance? In our case, my husband would never even consider a job that did not offer a health insurance plan. It's absolutely vital to our family. We do still pay quite a bit in co-pays, but that is one of the reasons why I work.

Buckeye

Buckeye

Buckeye

Does it specifically state in her Blue Cross policy that they don't cover compounded or name brand drugs? If it does then they really don't cover it. If it doesn't state that then you could appeal it.<p>Instead of having an individual plan just for her that doesn't seem to cover everything she needs, is there any way that your husband or you can get a job that does offer health insurance? In our case, my husband would never even consider a job that did not offer a health insurance plan. It's absolutely vital to our family. We do still pay quite a bit in co-pays, but that is one of the reasons why I work.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS has BCBS in a different state we're currently appealing a medication that is considered a non-formulary and a double whammy were told compounding isn't covered under our plan. The HR person and I tore apart our plan document and do not see ANY mention of compounding. BCBS claims as of August 2003 they consider compounding medications to be nonformulary. They were covering it for us until this past November. We have to pay 50% and a $15 copay instead of the usual 20%. And it doesn't matter once we reach our $1000 out of pocket maximum, we still have to pay a percentage on this med instead of "just a copay".

We filed for an exception based on medical necessity --- there is no replacement medication and were denied and told there is no further appeal process. We're still working on our appeal because how can they say there is no further appeal? Our doctor recently called to get the number of the medical director who denied it. Takes more of our time.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS has BCBS in a different state we're currently appealing a medication that is considered a non-formulary and a double whammy were told compounding isn't covered under our plan. The HR person and I tore apart our plan document and do not see ANY mention of compounding. BCBS claims as of August 2003 they consider compounding medications to be nonformulary. They were covering it for us until this past November. We have to pay 50% and a $15 copay instead of the usual 20%. And it doesn't matter once we reach our $1000 out of pocket maximum, we still have to pay a percentage on this med instead of "just a copay".

We filed for an exception based on medical necessity --- there is no replacement medication and were denied and told there is no further appeal process. We're still working on our appeal because how can they say there is no further appeal? Our doctor recently called to get the number of the medical director who denied it. Takes more of our time.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />We filed for an exception based on medical necessity --- there is no replacement medication and were denied and told there is no further appeal process. We're still working on our appeal because how can they say there is no further appeal? Our doctor recently called to get the number of the medical director who denied it. Takes more of our time.

ashmomo

We use the Prevacid tablets and dissolve them in water, then suck it up into a syringe and put it in her mouth. Our baby started that at about 6/7 months old. It is strawberry and she likes it, never been a problem.

ashmomo

We use the Prevacid tablets and dissolve them in water, then suck it up into a syringe and put it in her mouth. Our baby started that at about 6/7 months old. It is strawberry and she likes it, never been a problem.

ashmomo

ashmomo

ashmomo