Nebbed Mucomyst...

saveferris2009

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>mariahsmommy</b></i>

So I hope this doesn't offend anyone. :)

I have asked my daughter's Dr. in Little Rock, AR about the NAC two different times:

1. The first time I asked about 9 months ago because my daughter's naturopath recommended it, he said he thought that the oral form wouldn't have any benefits.

</end quote></div>

I wish you would have shown him the Phase I and Phase II trials I have posted on my blog that are sponsored by the CFF

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>
He also said that the nebbed mucomyst was used years ago but discontinued. He said it was effective at clearing the mucous but that it stripped the cilia from the lining of the trachea (which if true is a horrible side effect bc as you know it is extremely helpful in clearing mucous.) </end quote></div>

This doc is starting to worry me. THat's abolutely not true. Minnesota uses Mucomyst on almost all of its patients

2. The next time I asked, right after I watched the videos from the conference, he said that it may have an effect but that he wouldn't know for sure until the trials were done.

</end quote></div>

Again, we have trials. Been up on my blog for a few years now but it's only in adults.

saveferris2009

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>mariahsmommy</b></i>

I have asked my daughter's Dr. in Little Rock, AR about the NAC two different times:

1. The first time I asked about 9 months ago because my daughter's naturopath recommended it, he said he thought that the oral form wouldn't have any benefits.

</end quote></div>

I wish you would have shown him the Phase I and Phase II trials I have posted on my blog that are sponsored by the CFF

He also said that the nebbed mucomyst was used years ago but discontinued. He said it was effective at clearing the mucous but that it stripped the cilia from the lining of the trachea (which if true is a horrible side effect bc as you know it is extremely helpful in clearing mucous.) </end quote></div>

This doc is starting to worry me. THat's abolutely not true. Minnesota uses Mucomyst on almost all of its patients

2. The next time I asked, right after I watched the videos from the conference, he said that it may have an effect but that he wouldn't know for sure until the trials were done.

</end quote></div>

Again, we have trials. Been up on my blog for a few years now but it's only in adults.

saveferris2009

</end quote></div>

</end quote></div>

saveferris2009

</end quote>

He also said that the nebbed mucomyst was used years ago but discontinued. He said it was effective at clearing the mucous but that it stripped the cilia from the lining of the trachea (which if true is a horrible side effect bc as you know it is extremely helpful in clearing mucous.) </end quote>

</end quote>

saveferris2009

<br />
<br />So I hope this doesn't offend anyone. :)
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />I have asked my daughter's Dr. in Little Rock, AR about the NAC two different times:
<br />
<br />1. The first time I asked about 9 months ago because my daughter's naturopath recommended it, he said he thought that the oral form wouldn't have any benefits.
<br />
<br /></end quote>
<br />
<br />I wish you would have shown him the Phase I and Phase II trials I have posted on my blog that are sponsored by the CFF
<br />
<br /><div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>
<br />He also said that the nebbed mucomyst was used years ago but discontinued. He said it was effective at clearing the mucous but that it stripped the cilia from the lining of the trachea (which if true is a horrible side effect bc as you know it is extremely helpful in clearing mucous.) </end quote>
<br />
<br />This doc is starting to worry me. THat's abolutely not true. Minnesota uses Mucomyst on almost all of its patients
<br />
<br />
<br /><div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>
<br />2. The next time I asked, right after I watched the videos from the conference, he said that it may have an effect but that he wouldn't know for sure until the trials were done.
<br />
<br /></end quote>
<br />
<br />Again, we have trials. Been up on my blog for a few years now but it's only in adults.

mariahsmommy

Great, now I am concerned too. He seems like a very knowledgeable guy, but I know for a fact, he said this. He supposedly has been working with CF for 20+ years.

Know that I think abouut it, they used Mucomyst orally for Mariah after her adhesion in Feb. 2009

She went to the bathroom normally five times after surgery, but then stopped and her belly remained swollen. After a week of this some idiot figured out that they had not been giving her potassium in her TPN.
(If you don't know, Potassium plays a major role in muscle contractions. The lack of caused her intestines to be paralyzed.)
Yeah I could have killed someone when they found this out. So once they figured it out, she received 3 boluses of Potassium.
Anyhow, before they figured that out, they tried mucomyst to see if that would get things moving. It did push a little mucus out, but not an actual bowel movement.

So he believes it to be effective in the intestines, but not the lungs??
It sucks though because there is only two places in Arkansas to see a CF Clinic and I have already left the other one.
Does anyone here pay outright for there medical care?

mariahsmommy

Great, now I am concerned too. He seems like a very knowledgeable guy, but I know for a fact, he said this. He supposedly has been working with CF for 20+ years.

Know that I think abouut it, they used Mucomyst orally for Mariah after her adhesion in Feb. 2009

She went to the bathroom normally five times after surgery, but then stopped and her belly remained swollen. After a week of this some idiot figured out that they had not been giving her potassium in her TPN.
(If you don't know, Potassium plays a major role in muscle contractions. The lack of caused her intestines to be paralyzed.)
Yeah I could have killed someone when they found this out. So once they figured it out, she received 3 boluses of Potassium.
Anyhow, before they figured that out, they tried mucomyst to see if that would get things moving. It did push a little mucus out, but not an actual bowel movement.

It sucks though because there is only two places in Arkansas to see a CF Clinic and I have already left the other one.

mariahsmommy

mariahsmommy

mariahsmommy

<br />
<br />Know that I think abouut it, they used Mucomyst orally for Mariah after her adhesion in Feb. 2009
<br />
<br />She went to the bathroom normally five times after surgery, but then stopped and her belly remained swollen. After a week of this some idiot figured out that they had not been giving her potassium in her TPN.
<br />(If you don't know, Potassium plays a major role in muscle contractions. The lack of caused her intestines to be paralyzed.)
<br />Yeah I could have killed someone when they found this out. So once they figured it out, she received 3 boluses of Potassium.
<br />Anyhow, before they figured that out, they tried mucomyst to see if that would get things moving. It did push a little mucus out, but not an actual bowel movement.
<br />
<br />So he believes it to be effective in the intestines, but not the lungs??
<br />It sucks though because there is only two places in Arkansas to see a CF Clinic and I have already left the other one.
<br />Does anyone here pay outright for there medical care?

tesorotiffa

I went to Little Rock for 14 or so years to the pediactric CF center. I think my doc was a Dr. Schelhause (sp?). I have no idea if it's the same doc or team, but I will pray you have success in figuring out what to do!

tesorotiffa

I went to Little Rock for 14 or so years to the pediactric CF center. I think my doc was a Dr. Schelhause (sp?). I have no idea if it's the same doc or team, but I will pray you have success in figuring out what to do!

tesorotiffa

tesorotiffa

tesorotiffa