Nebbing saline while vesting

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Last summer while ds was hospitalized some of the RTs had him continue to neb regular saline .9 percent (?) while doing his vest. We usually just do albuterol/atrovent and then we're done.

Is nebbing regular saline (not hypertonic) beneficial?

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Last summer while ds was hospitalized some of the RTs had him continue to neb regular saline .9 percent (?) while doing his vest. We usually just do albuterol/atrovent and then we're done.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />Is nebbing regular saline (not hypertonic) beneficial?

hmw

Interesting question. It seems like it might help... kind of accomplish what a humidifier does, but without the bacterial worries. I'm interested in getting the dr's take on this too!

hmw

Interesting question. It seems like it might help... kind of accomplish what a humidifier does, but without the bacterial worries. I'm interested in getting the dr's take on this too!

hmw

hmw

hmw

nissymom

I use saline in my treatments for 2 reasons. I use it to dilute the effect of the treatment, it makes my heart race. Plus I do feel a benefit when I use it in my treatments with my vest therapy. It loosens the mucus.

nissymom

I use saline in my treatments for 2 reasons. I use it to dilute the effect of the treatment, it makes my heart race. Plus I do feel a benefit when I use it in my treatments with my vest therapy. It loosens the mucus.

nissymom

nissymom

nissymom

saveferris2009

most adult CFer's I know neb HTS while doing the Vest.
<br />
<br />The creator of the Vest, both HillRom and Respirtech, says this is OK.