Nebulisers

Caro46

Hi<br>We're fairly new to nebulised antibios, our daughter having done only one 6 month session with Gentamiacin. We read somewhere that nebulisers should be replaced from time to time - we even read somewhere that the whole machine should be replaced after each course (ie. in this case, 6 months). I know many of you have lots more experience than we do here - can you possibly advise??<br>Thanks!<br>

Caro46

Hi<br>We're fairly new to nebulised antibios, our daughter having done only one 6 month session with Gentamiacin. We read somewhere that nebulisers should be replaced from time to time - we even read somewhere that the whole machine should be replaced after each course (ie. in this case, 6 months). I know many of you have lots more experience than we do here - can you possibly advise??<br>Thanks!<br>

JennyCoulon

<P>I know when my son who is now 12 was a baby and toddler he was on Gentamicin and we switched the neb kit with each treatment which you should anyways but as far as the whole nebulizer I have never heard that. I know some meds can't be mixed, such as Albuterol and Tobi so you need a new kit when you do the Tobi so you end up using 2 neb kits for one session instead of just one. I would maybe check with the docs and the home healthcare company. Hope this helps. </P>
<P></P>
<P></P>

JennyCoulon

<P>I know when my son who is now 12 was a baby and toddler he was on Gentamicin and we switched the neb kit with each treatment which you should anyways but as far as the whole nebulizer I have never heard that. I know some meds can't be mixed, such as Albuterol and Tobi so you need a new kit when you do the Tobi so you end up using 2 neb kits for one session instead of just one. I would maybe check with the docs and the home healthcare company. Hope this helps. </P>
<P></P>
<P></P>

scanboyd

I use Pulmo-Aide comp., have 2 of them one in my office and one in the tv room. My neb. rx take 1 3/4 to 2 hr. this comp. holds up longer than most. One of the ones that I am using is 12 yrs. old. My ins. comp. bought me one last yr. it is still in box; waiting for one of the ones I use to die.

As far as the nubulizer I use the pari LC plus, use a new one every 6 months. Just clean it good after each use and let it air dry.

Good Luck and Happy New Year!!

scanboyd

I use Pulmo-Aide comp., have 2 of them one in my office and one in the tv room. My neb. rx take 1 3/4 to 2 hr. this comp. holds up longer than most. One of the ones that I am using is 12 yrs. old. My ins. comp. bought me one last yr. it is still in box; waiting for one of the ones I use to die.

As far as the nubulizer I use the pari LC plus, use a new one every 6 months. Just clean it good after each use and let it air dry.

Good Luck and Happy New Year!!