nebulizer compressor and cups

KateCl

<P>My 13-year-old daughter was recently diagnosed.  We have a nebulizer compressor that we don't like very much because it is quite loud.  I worry about damage to her hearing and mine, too.  Also, it doesn't seem very powerful, in that the treatments take a long time (20 mins for 5 ml of 7% saline, 10 for 2.5 ml of pulmozyme).  Are there nebulizer compressors out there that are quieter, and faster?  When you are doing these treatments (and a bunch of others, and chest therapy) multiple times a day, saving 5 or 10 minutes per treatment can really make a difference.</P>
<P> </P>
<P>Also, we are using translucent Pari neb cups, and you can't see when the liquid is gone.  We have to stop the compressor, take the lid off the cup, and look in there to see if she's done.  (Somehow waiting for the mist to sputter doesn't seem to work for us.  We think it has sputtered out, and the medicine is gone, but when we open up the cup, there is still a lot in there.)  Is anyone using clear reusable neb cups, and will any neb cup work with any compressor and with any medicine?  Sorry to be so uninformed, but we are new to this game.</P>
<P> </P>
<P>Please share what compressor and what cups you use, and how you like them.</P>
<P> </P>
<P>Thanks so much,</P>
<P> </P>
<P>Kate</P>
<P> </P>
<P>P.S.  I wasn't sure where to post this.  Please forgive me and correct me if I've done it wrong.  Thanks.</P>

KateCl

<P>My 13-year-old daughter was recently diagnosed. We have a nebulizer compressor that we don't like very much because it is quite loud. I worry about damage to her hearing and mine, too. Also, it doesn't seem very powerful, in that the treatments take a long time (20 mins for 5 ml of 7% saline,10 for 2.5 ml of pulmozyme). Are there nebulizer compressors out there that are quieter, and faster? When you are doing these treatments (and a bunch of others, and chest therapy) multiple times a day, saving 5 or 10 minutes per treatment can really make a difference.</P>
<P></P>
<P>Also, we are using translucent Pari neb cups, and you can't see when the liquid is gone. We have to stop the compressor, take the lid off the cup, and look in there to see if she's done. (Somehow waiting for the mist to sputter doesn't seem to work for us. We think it has sputtered out, and the medicine is gone, but when we open up the cup, there is still a lot in there.) Is anyone using clear reusable neb cups, and will any neb cup work with any compressor and with any medicine? Sorry to be so uninformed, but we are new to this game.</P>
<P></P>
<P>Please share what compressor and what cups you use, and how you like them.</P>
<P></P>
<P>Thanks so much,</P>
<P></P>
<P>Kate</P>
<P></P>
<P>P.S. I wasn't sure where to post this. Please forgive me and correct me if I've done it wrong. Thanks.</P>

KateCl

<P>My 13-year-old daughter was recently diagnosed. We have a nebulizer compressor that we don't like very much because it is quite loud. I worry about damage to her hearing and mine, too. Also, it doesn't seem very powerful, in that the treatments take a long time (20 mins for 5 ml of 7% saline,10 for 2.5 ml of pulmozyme). Are there nebulizer compressors out there that are quieter, and faster? When you are doing these treatments (and a bunch of others, and chest therapy) multiple times a day, saving 5 or 10 minutes per treatment can really make a difference.</P>
<P></P>
<P>Also, we are using translucent Pari neb cups, and you can't see when the liquid is gone. We have to stop the compressor, take the lid off the cup, and look in there to see if she's done. (Somehow waiting for the mist to sputter doesn't seem to work for us. We think it has sputtered out, and the medicine is gone, but when we open up the cup, there is still a lot in there.) Is anyone using clear reusable neb cups, and will any neb cup work with any compressor and with any medicine? Sorry to be so uninformed, but we are new to this game.</P>
<P></P>
<P></P>
<P>Thanks so much,</P>
<P></P>
<P>Kate</P>
<P></P>
<P>P.S. I wasn't sure where to post this. Please forgive me and correct me if I've done it wrong. Thanks.<BR></P><BR>

00transam

Your compressor does sound very weak, mine got like that and it affects how well the meds are delivered. I would recommend getting it checked or replaced as for neb cups I use the pari LC or the LC-D and you can see when the meds are gone. As for the noise none of them are quiet, I set mine on the floor next to the side of the couch(one of the sides over armrest) so it isn't as noisy. Good luck.<br>

00transam

Your compressor does sound very weak, mine got like that and it affects how well the meds are delivered. I would recommend getting it checked or replaced as for neb cups I use the pari LC or the LC-D and you can see when the meds are gone. As for the noise none of them are quiet, I set mine on the floor next to the side of the couch(one of the sides over armrest)so it isn't as noisy. Good luck.<br>

00transam

Your compressor does sound very weak, mine got like that and it affects how well the meds are delivered. I would recommend getting it checked or replaced as for neb cups I use the pari LC or the LC-D and you can see when the meds are gone. As for the noise none of them are quiet, I set mine on the floor next to the side of the couch(one of the sides over armrest)so it isn't as noisy. Good luck.<br>

lovebug03

i have a three year old son who hase cf and we are looking at geting hem a nublizer that works great and is fast im not that waread how loud it is as long as it works great just seeing if any buddy hade any problumes with the pari nubulizers and to please leat me now thanks so much

jennifer

lovebug03

i have a three year old son who hase cf and we are looking at geting hem a nublizer that works great and is fast im not that waread how loud it is as long as it works great just seeing if any buddy hade any problumes with the pari nubulizers and to please leat me now thanks so much

jennifer

lovebug03

<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />jennifer

lovebug03

i have a three year old son who hase cf and we are looking at geting hem a nublizer that works great and is fast im not that waread how loud it is as long as it works great just seeing if any buddy hade any problumes with the pari nubulizers and to please leat me now thanks so much jennifer

lovebug03

i have a three year old son who hase cf and we are looking at geting hem a nublizer that works great and is fast im not that waread how loud it is as long as it works great just seeing if any buddy hade any problumes with the pari nubulizers and to please leat me now thanks so much jennifer

lovebug03

i have a three year old son who hase cf and we are looking at geting hem a nublizer that works great and is fast im not that waread how loud it is as long as it works great just seeing if any buddy hade any problumes with the pari nubulizers and to please leat me now thanks so much <BR><BR><BR><BR>jennifer

midwestmomof5

remember that using a proper cleaning method evey time to prevent bacteria growth in the cups. i like pari because you can boil them without melting them eleminating having to boil water fr rinsing lie when you use alcohol or something you have to use sterile water no tap orbottled because of bacteria that grows in standing water. i tap my babys cup with something like a plastic toy or bang it on a hard serfice to get it to start misting again.

midwestmomof5

remember that using a proper cleaning method evey time to prevent bacteria growth in the cups. i like pari because you can boil them without melting them eleminating having to boil water fr rinsing lie when you use alcohol or something you have to use sterile water no tap orbottled because of bacteria that grows in standing water. i tap my babys cup with something like a plastic toy or bang it on a hard serfice to get it to start misting again.