Need a new nebulizer

longhorn4life

I think I really need a new nebulizer. Mine is so loud that when I try to watch tv while doing my meds I have to turn it way up high and still barely hear it. Then once I turn the machine off the tv is blaring so loudly it hurts my ears. And when I'm visiting my grandparents my Nana always says she knows when I do my treatments because she can hear the machine across the house. Also, it takes me forever to do the medicine. For two to three medicines it can take me up to an hour sometimes, and I don't think that's normal. Any advice on which nebulizer I should ask my doctor about?

longhorn4life

I think I really need a new nebulizer. Mine is so loud that when I try to watch tv while doing my meds I have to turn it way up high and still barely hear it. Then once I turn the machine off the tv is blaring so loudly it hurts my ears. And when I'm visiting my grandparents my Nana always says she knows when I do my treatments because she can hear the machine across the house. Also, it takes me forever to do the medicine. For two to three medicines it can take me up to an hour sometimes, and I don't think that's normal. Any advice on which nebulizer I should ask my doctor about?

longhorn4life

missT

Hi, I have the SAME EXACT problem as you. I had the Pari Ultra Neb and it started to blow. I told my insurance to please send me something quiet cause this neb is driving me to drink with the noise. They said "yeah, yeah" and ended up sending the DeVibliss Pulmoneb. I can tell you that it is even louder then the last but the neb time is def shorter and it is stronger. So I kept it...I cant wait to hear replys. I really need something powerful and quiet.

missT

Hi, I have the SAME EXACT problem as you. I had the Pari Ultra Neb and it started to blow. I told my insurance to please send me something quiet cause this neb is driving me to drink with the noise. They said "yeah, yeah" and ended up sending the DeVibliss Pulmoneb. I can tell you that it is even louder then the last but the neb time is def shorter and it is stronger. So I kept it...I cant wait to hear replys. I really need something powerful and quiet.

missT

john81john

Hi, my choice is definitely Pari Eflow (I have european version)... link here... <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.pari.de/en/products/lower_airways/product/detail/info/eflow_rapid-2.html">http://www.pari.de/en/products...nfo/eflow_rapid-2.html</a>

john81john

Hi, my choice is definitely Pari Eflow (I have european version)... link here... <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.pari.de/en/products/lower_airways/product/detail/info/eflow_rapid-2.html">http://www.pari.de/en/products...nfo/eflow_rapid-2.html</a>

john81john

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
How old is your existing nebulizer? Pari and devilbiss both have extensive warranties -- 3-5 years, so if yours is only a couple years old you can call the company and have them replace it.

DS' last pari proneb ultra only lasted about 9 months. Called the company and they shipped out a new one the next day. With the devilbiss it's a little more complicated -- we have to go thru the DME and they have to ship it to the company for replacement and it takes about 3 weeks. We have both a pari and a devilbiss.

When the warranties run out on either of them, I think we're going to look at a mobilaire.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
How old is your existing nebulizer? Pari and devilbiss both have extensive warranties -- 3-5 years, so if yours is only a couple years old you can call the company and have them replace it.

DS' last pari proneb ultra only lasted about 9 months. Called the company and they shipped out a new one the next day. With the devilbiss it's a little more complicated -- we have to go thru the DME and they have to ship it to the company for replacement and it takes about 3 weeks. We have both a pari and a devilbiss.

When the warranties run out on either of them, I think we're going to look at a mobilaire.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />DS' last pari proneb ultra only lasted about 9 months. Called the company and they shipped out a new one the next day. With the devilbiss it's a little more complicated -- we have to go thru the DME and they have to ship it to the company for replacement and it takes about 3 weeks. We have both a pari and a devilbiss.
<br />
<br />When the warranties run out on either of them, I think we're going to look at a mobilaire.