Need and in search of help

JORDYSMOM

I found the following post in another section, and wanted to help this Mom get some answers, so I've moved it here for her.

Stacey

Hi I am a mom to five children. I'm here to seek some help with my 2nd youngest. My son will be 5 next month.
Here is some info about my son.

He has had Bowel problems passing his BM for 2 years now.

For the past 3 months nonstop... my son has been coughing, and having alot of mucus in his lungs. Dr mostly blows it off.
Finally he gave him antibotics and it didn't help , Also says my son has Asthma... treeat him with inhalers. Weeks later back at him and he says Bronchitis, more antibotics and my son continues with the congestion tho his cough is a little better. Dr never took a xray of my son's chest.

My son also has problems with his feet turning in and Clonus in his ankles.

In the back of my mind I wonder if my son may have CF?
Any input would be muxh appreciated..PS this started recently... and nonstop mucus and congestion Thankyou

JORDYSMOM

I found the following post in another section, and wanted to help this Mom get some answers, so I've moved it here for her.

Stacey

Hi I am a mom to five children. I'm here to seek some help with my 2nd youngest. My son will be 5 next month.

For the past 3 months nonstop... my son has been coughing, and having alot of mucus in his lungs. Dr mostly blows it off.
Finally he gave him antibotics and it didn't help , Also says my son has Asthma... treeat him with inhalers. Weeks later back at him and he says Bronchitis, more antibotics and my son continues with the congestion tho his cough is a little better. Dr never took a xray of my son's chest.

Any input would be muxh appreciated..PS this started recently... and nonstop mucus and congestion Thankyou

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

<br />
<br />Stacey
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />Hi I am a mom to five children. I'm here to seek some help with my 2nd youngest. My son will be 5 next month.
<br />Here is some info about my son.
<br />
<br />He has had Bowel problems passing his BM for 2 years now.
<br />
<br />For the past 3 months nonstop... my son has been coughing, and having alot of mucus in his lungs. Dr mostly blows it off.
<br />Finally he gave him antibotics and it didn't help , Also says my son has Asthma... treeat him with inhalers. Weeks later back at him and he says Bronchitis, more antibotics and my son continues with the congestion tho his cough is a little better. Dr never took a xray of my son's chest.
<br />
<br />My son also has problems with his feet turning in and Clonus in his ankles.
<br />
<br />In the back of my mind I wonder if my son may have CF?
<br />Any input would be muxh appreciated..PS this started recently... and nonstop mucus and congestion Thankyou

JORDYSMOM

Hi there. I'm sorry your son is feeling so poorly. It's very frustrating when you don't feel your doctor is doing enough. It's very hard to say what could be causing your son's propblems, but those are symptoms of CF. They are also symptoms of other diseases/disorders, so I think it's important to get started on finding the answers. I was told for years that my son had allergies & asthma by several different doctors. He was diagnosed at 15 with CF.

Start by making an appointment or getting a referral to a CF clinic that is accredited by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.cff.org/LivingWithC...accreditedCareCenters/">http://www.cff.org/LivingWithC...accreditedCareCenters/</a> This link should help you find a center near you.

I hope you find the answers you need to help your son. Keep us posted.

Also, I've copied and pasted your post in the families section of this site. Both of those get a lot more traffic, and more people will likely respond.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Hi there. I'm sorry your son is feeling so poorly. It's very frustrating when you don't feel your doctor is doing enough. It's very hard to say what could be causing your son's propblems, but those are symptoms of CF. They are also symptoms of other diseases/disorders, so I think it's important to get started on finding the answers. I was told for years that my son had allergies & asthma by several different doctors. He was diagnosed at 15 with CF.

Start by making an appointment or getting a referral to a CF clinic that is accredited by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.cff.org/LivingWithC...accreditedCareCenters/">http://www.cff.org/LivingWithC...accreditedCareCenters/</a> This link should help you find a center near you.

Also, I've copied and pasted your post in the families section of this site. Both of those get a lot more traffic, and more people will likely respond.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

<br />
<br />Start by making an appointment or getting a referral to a CF clinic that is accredited by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.cff.org/LivingWithC...accreditedCareCenters/">http://www.cff.org/LivingWithC...accreditedCareCenters/</a> This link should help you find a center near you.
<br />
<br />I hope you find the answers you need to help your son. Keep us posted.
<br />
<br />Also, I've copied and pasted your post in the families section of this site. Both of those get a lot more traffic, and more people will likely respond.
<br />
<br />Stacey
<br />
<br />

ctalbott0609

I agree 100% with Stacey's post. See a CF Dr. and then go from there. People with CF can be diagnosed at any age, and it can be very confusing to tell weather symptoms are CF related or not. I hope you can find the answers soon, please keep us updated. My prayers will be with you and your son.

ctalbott0609

I agree 100% with Stacey's post. See a CF Dr. and then go from there. People with CF can be diagnosed at any age, and it can be very confusing to tell weather symptoms are CF related or not. I hope you can find the answers soon, please keep us updated. My prayers will be with you and your son.

ctalbott0609

ctalbott0609

ctalbott0609