Need for Better Searching capabilities

hmw

You're right... Searching when selecting 'message' just gives you back a result with the message in expanded form vs. a list of topics. I hadn't realized we had lost the option to search both ways (topic vs message body.) A fully functional advanced search is definitely vital, we have such a wealth of info here. I am usually successful in finding what I need here in search but don't necessarily remember thread titles when looking so had generally used both.

I also tried, after seeing one of the above posts, to see if I could search using the date function, and could not. I never had trouble with that in the past either.

hmw

You're right... Searching when selecting 'message' just gives you back a result with the message in expanded form vs. a list of topics. I hadn't realized we had lost the option to search both ways (topic vs message body.) A fully functional advanced search is definitely vital, we have such a wealth of info here. I am usually successful in finding what I need here in search but don't necessarily remember thread titles when looking so had generally used both.

I also tried, after seeing one of the above posts, to see if I could search using the date function, and could not. I never had trouble with that in the past either.