Need help/advice!!

txcouple

My wife and I have been trying to conceive for close to 10 years now. We finally have decided to go through the adoption process. Well we heard that someone we know (distant relatives) have a baby that the mother has neglected. The baby has been in and out of the hospital and now has a staff infection on her lungs. She has been diagnosed with CF. My wife and I are trying to decide if we should continue on trying to adopt the baby. We are young and we don't fully understand what all will be involved with raising a child with CF and I needed to turn to someone who could possibly give us some direction/suggestions. We just don't know what to do. We have been asked if we are still interested in possibly adopting her and we don't know enough information as to what we can expect if we do. We want a child so bad but we don't want to cause ourselves grief. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

txcouple

My wife and I have been trying to conceive for close to 10 years now. We finally have decided to go through the adoption process. Well we heard that someone we know (distant relatives) have a baby that the mother has neglected. The baby has been in and out of the hospital and now has a staff infection on her lungs. She has been diagnosed with CF. My wife and I are trying to decide if we should continue on trying to adopt the baby. We are young and we don't fully understand what all will be involved with raising a child with CF and I needed to turn to someone who could possibly give us some direction/suggestions. We just don't know what to do. We have been asked if we are still interested in possibly adopting her and we don't know enough information as to what we can expect if we do. We want a child so bad but we don't want to cause ourselves grief. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

txcouple

txcouple

txcouple

Lonespruce

Hi...that is a really tough situation. I am mom to an almost three year old w/CF. I will be honest and say that it can be a lot of work, and worry at times...but at the same time, I also have to say that it has been a totally eye opening experience for us. Our little boy has become such an affectionate and polite little guy. He loves going to see his doctor, swallows his pills like a pro, and I think he actually enjoys his physio...as long as the cartoons are on! I think that the little ones who deal with CF are very special. They get a lot of extra attention that can shape their personalities into loving children. At least that is our experience so far. You have a big decision. Someone needs to give that child the extra special care that she needs and deserves. Someone will be rewarded in a million ways everyday for the blessing that she is and will be to them. You guys just need to decide if you are that someone. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! Good luck with your decision.

Lonespruce

Hi...that is a really tough situation. I am mom to an almost three year old w/CF. I will be honest and say that it can be a lot of work, and worry at times...but at the same time, I also have to say that it has been a totally eye opening experience for us. Our little boy has become such an affectionate and polite little guy. He loves going to see his doctor, swallows his pills like a pro, and I think he actually enjoys his physio...as long as the cartoons are on! I think that the little ones who deal with CF are very special. They get a lot of extra attention that can shape their personalities into loving children. At least that is our experience so far. You have a big decision. Someone needs to give that child the extra special care that she needs and deserves. Someone will be rewarded in a million ways everyday for the blessing that she is and will be to them. You guys just need to decide if you are that someone. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! Good luck with your decision.

Lonespruce

Lonespruce

Lonespruce

just1more

txcouple,

My wife & I adopted a 6yr old son w/CF earlier this year (we have experience in special needs adoption previously).

I would love to try and help, but it would probably be easier to do via email/phone.

I'm going to send you a PM here (it will show up on the left of your screen just above the forum menus) with my contact info.

Please feel free to contact me.

just1more

txcouple,

My wife & I adopted a 6yr old son w/CF earlier this year (we have experience in special needs adoption previously).

I would love to try and help, but it would probably be easier to do via email/phone.

I'm going to send you a PM here (it will show up on the left of your screen just above the forum menus) with my contact info.

just1more

txcouple,

just1more

txcouple,

just1more

txcouple,
<br />
<br />My wife & I adopted a 6yr old son w/CF earlier this year (we have experience in special needs adoption previously).
<br />
<br />I would love to try and help, but it would probably be easier to do via email/phone.
<br />
<br />I'm going to send you a PM here (it will show up on the left of your screen just above the forum menus) with my contact info.
<br />
<br />Please feel free to contact me.

M

Mommafirst

All kids bring grief. Some more than others. But they also fill your life with amazing joy.

CF is no walk in the park. But if you can't imagine NOT adopting this little sweetie and leaving her to have no CF care, no one to love her, you'll know that you can do this just as surely as any of us who did not choose it for our families.

My daughter cultures staph in her lungs and it really doesn't bother her much. Most of her issues are weight gain ones. But otherwise she is a very normal, loving, sweet, wonderful almost three year old. She is as much a joy to our world as her brothers who do not have CF.

I know this is a hard decision, and I applaud you for thinking it through and getting much information. If you want more specifics on our life with CF, ask your questions and I'll be happy to answer.

M

Mommafirst

All kids bring grief. Some more than others. But they also fill your life with amazing joy.

CF is no walk in the park. But if you can't imagine NOT adopting this little sweetie and leaving her to have no CF care, no one to love her, you'll know that you can do this just as surely as any of us who did not choose it for our families.

My daughter cultures staph in her lungs and it really doesn't bother her much. Most of her issues are weight gain ones. But otherwise she is a very normal, loving, sweet, wonderful almost three year old. She is as much a joy to our world as her brothers who do not have CF.

I know this is a hard decision, and I applaud you for thinking it through and getting much information. If you want more specifics on our life with CF, ask your questions and I'll be happy to answer.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

<br />
<br />CF is no walk in the park. But if you can't imagine NOT adopting this little sweetie and leaving her to have no CF care, no one to love her, you'll know that you can do this just as surely as any of us who did not choose it for our families.
<br />
<br />My daughter cultures staph in her lungs and it really doesn't bother her much. Most of her issues are weight gain ones. But otherwise she is a very normal, loving, sweet, wonderful almost three year old. She is as much a joy to our world as her brothers who do not have CF.
<br />
<br />I know this is a hard decision, and I applaud you for thinking it through and getting much information. If you want more specifics on our life with CF, ask your questions and I'll be happy to answer.