Need help with therapy during school

proverbs3

We're doing 3, sometimes 4, therapies a day. It is really best if she gets one during school. Does anybody else do it during school and who does it?

Carol

proverbs3

We're doing 3, sometimes 4, therapies a day. It is really best if she gets one during school. Does anybody else do it during school and who does it?

Carol

proverbs3

Carol

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I know of one parent who runs to the preschool/daycare over the noon hour -- she used to do CPT, now she brings the vest along and it's only when she's had a cough or upper respiratory infection -- otherwise they do 2 half hour ones a day and sometimes sneak in an extra one right after school. And there are some daycare/preschool people who have learned how to do CPT and will do it also.

We do everything at home -- 6 a.m., 5 p.m. and one at 9:30 - 10 pm. And when DS needs a 4th one during the week -- DH and I will get up at 2 and get in an extra beatment. When I was on maternity leave we did 4 -- but I did one early afternoon.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I know of one parent who runs to the preschool/daycare over the noon hour -- she used to do CPT, now she brings the vest along and it's only when she's had a cough or upper respiratory infection -- otherwise they do 2 half hour ones a day and sometimes sneak in an extra one right after school. And there are some daycare/preschool people who have learned how to do CPT and will do it also.

We do everything at home -- 6 a.m., 5 p.m. and one at 9:30 - 10 pm. And when DS needs a 4th one during the week -- DH and I will get up at 2 and get in an extra beatment. When I was on maternity leave we did 4 -- but I did one early afternoon.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

T

tammykrumrey

We do not do them during the day while at school, UNLESS there is an increase in cough and they are really fighting some nasty infection. And then, I have been known to go up to school with the vest (we have the smaller one).

Otherwise, we go treatments in the morning before school and at night. We try to add one in during the afternoon, after school, especially during the winter. During the warm weather, the girls are running, jumping on trampolines, swimming, bike riding, etc, that I let that fun stuff take place of an extra treatment. They have recently started using the Acapella, and it is easier to get one in right after school or even during school if needed.

T

tammykrumrey

We do not do them during the day while at school, UNLESS there is an increase in cough and they are really fighting some nasty infection. And then, I have been known to go up to school with the vest (we have the smaller one).

Otherwise, we go treatments in the morning before school and at night. We try to add one in during the afternoon, after school, especially during the winter. During the warm weather, the girls are running, jumping on trampolines, swimming, bike riding, etc, that I let that fun stuff take place of an extra treatment. They have recently started using the Acapella, and it is easier to get one in right after school or even during school if needed.

T

tammykrumrey

ViviansMom

From time to time Vivian has had to take treatments in school; and of course our school doesn't have a nurse so we had an extra Ned that I would leave at school and I would go down to give her treatment. Now that she is older they will allow her to do it her self but she has to have a paper field out by the doctor detailing the need for it. I have never taken her vest to school though.

At present I am going to school everyday to give her her insulin shot before lunch and sometimes if she is running high I have to go for an extra one. It sad that the schools funding id that that they cannot provide aids or a nurse to commandant these children I know that Vivian isn't the only diabetic in our school.

ViviansMom

From time to time Vivian has had to take treatments in school; and of course our school doesn't have a nurse so we had an extra Ned that I would leave at school and I would go down to give her treatment. Now that she is older they will allow her to do it her self but she has to have a paper field out by the doctor detailing the need for it. I have never taken her vest to school though.

At present I am going to school everyday to give her her insulin shot before lunch and sometimes if she is running high I have to go for an extra one. It sad that the schools funding id that that they cannot provide aids or a nurse to commandant these children I know that Vivian isn't the only diabetic in our school.

ViviansMom

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>ViviansMom</b></i>

At present I am going to school everyday to give her her insulin shot before lunch and sometimes if she is running high I have to go for an extra one. It sad that the schools funding id that that they cannot provide aids or a nurse to commandant these children I know that Vivian isn't the only diabetic in our school.</end quote></div>

What if a parent cant get there to administer any meds.....who does it then? Interesting. We never had a school without a Nurse.

BTW I see you figure out the sizing for your pic. Good work!

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>ViviansMom</b></i>

At present I am going to school everyday to give her her insulin shot before lunch and sometimes if she is running high I have to go for an extra one. It sad that the schools funding id that that they cannot provide aids or a nurse to commandant these children I know that Vivian isn't the only diabetic in our school.</end quote></div>

What if a parent cant get there to administer any meds.....who does it then? Interesting. We never had a school without a Nurse.

JazzysMom

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
It's my understanding that in our school district all the kids go to the school office to get their meds. They don't have full time nurses here either.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
It's my understanding that in our school district all the kids go to the school office to get their meds. They don't have full time nurses here either.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

mtgreen30

before we moved my son would get his aersol from the secertary or the aid in the office. now he is at a school with a full time nurse so she does it after lunch. Pd's are not done at school because he worrys the nurse will hurt his port.

mtgreen30

before we moved my son would get his aersol from the secertary or the aid in the office. now he is at a school with a full time nurse so she does it after lunch. Pd's are not done at school because he worrys the nurse will hurt his port.