Need some fundraising help

Rebjane

Super Moderator
We do our yearly fundraising for the CFF. I need to send out a mass email to family and friends. Basically I send a link for My daughter web page for Great Strides. I also put in how this month is Cystic Fibrosis awareness month. I know finances are hard for lots of people lately. I feel like I need a quote or something to tug at heart strings to make people want to donate. I tend to make everyone feel like things are going to be ok(meaning family) cause they just worry so much so I don' t get too deep into my daughter actual health issues. Then they get overly concerned and it's not good for me..

ANyway, these past 2 years, my daughter's CF has had respiratory progression which is the nature of the beast....Like I said I tend to gloss over this to protect the overly worried members of my family.
I was looking to link a video from the CFF(the one that was in a Youtube contest about Kalydeco)..

Ideas welcome!!!

Rebjane

Super Moderator
We do our yearly fundraising for the CFF. I need to send out a mass email to family and friends. Basically I send a link for My daughter web page for Great Strides. I also put in how this month is Cystic Fibrosis awareness month. I know finances are hard for lots of people lately. I feel like I need a quote or something to tug at heart strings to make people want to donate. I tend to make everyone feel like things are going to be ok(meaning family) cause they just worry so much so I don' t get too deep into my daughter actual health issues. Then they get overly concerned and it's not good for me..

ANyway, these past 2 years, my daughter's CF has had respiratory progression which is the nature of the beast....Like I said I tend to gloss over this to protect the overly worried members of my family.
I was looking to link a video from the CFF(the one that was in a Youtube contest about Kalydeco)..

Ideas welcome!!!

Calimom

We also do a yearly fundraising for the Great Strides walk. We always send an emotional letter, and it's very successful. Basically, we tell people how it is: this is a progressive disease and we are in a race against time. We tell them the equation that makes us ask for their contribution: Money = science = life. The more money we raise, the more we can fund scientists who can help cure this disease, and there is no time to waste. It's a matter of life and death for our family.
I close with a note of gratitude; we know that times are hard but hope they will give as much as they are comfortable giving. And if they had a particularly good year, we hope they'll give more--because this is what is going to help save our son's life.
I used to be shy about asking, but I'm not any more. I really believe that this is the only way to save our kids, and if our positions were reversed, I would be happy to contribute as much as I could to save another family from heartbreak.
Good luck!

Calimom

We also do a yearly fundraising for the Great Strides walk. We always send an emotional letter, and it's very successful. Basically, we tell people how it is: this is a progressive disease and we are in a race against time. We tell them the equation that makes us ask for their contribution: Money = science = life. The more money we raise, the more we can fund scientists who can help cure this disease, and there is no time to waste. It's a matter of life and death for our family.
I close with a note of gratitude; we know that times are hard but hope they will give as much as they are comfortable giving. And if they had a particularly good year, we hope they'll give more--because this is what is going to help save our son's life.
I used to be shy about asking, but I'm not any more. I really believe that this is the only way to save our kids, and if our positions were reversed, I would be happy to contribute as much as I could to save another family from heartbreak.
Good luck!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I use the great strides site and link a onetrue media slide show to my fundraising page. I usually mention the hours of treatments and loads of medications to keep him relatively healthy, whereas my husband tends to use stronger language -- that this disease is a killer... I work with such a small group of people, so it's really hard to come up with names to ask for donations...

I'm having a tough time with fundraising this year -- sent out 50 letters/emails to the usual suspects and have gotten maybe half dozen responses. There are just soooo many walks and runs in our area this time of year -- ALS, MS, Arthritis, Relay for Life, March of Dimes.... So while we still participate in the walk, our main focus has shifted to our big fundraiser in the fall --- not as fancy as the gala, but beer, music, silent auction items, bid for a cure....

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I use the great strides site and link a onetrue media slide show to my fundraising page. I usually mention the hours of treatments and loads of medications to keep him relatively healthy, whereas my husband tends to use stronger language -- that this disease is a killer... I work with such a small group of people, so it's really hard to come up with names to ask for donations...

I'm having a tough time with fundraising this year -- sent out 50 letters/emails to the usual suspects and have gotten maybe half dozen responses. There are just soooo many walks and runs in our area this time of year -- ALS, MS, Arthritis, Relay for Life, March of Dimes.... So while we still participate in the walk, our main focus has shifted to our big fundraiser in the fall --- not as fancy as the gala, but beer, music, silent auction items, bid for a cure....

Justinsmom

Hi,

We are getting really involved too. This is new to us, just diagnosed this year, but I am on the Galla committee and my husband is doing pro bono legislative work as well as working with the golf outing. I have co-hosted our school's main fundraiser for the past several years. My idea, hope it helps, it to include in the letter a brief into to your child. Family/friends may not need it, but business and others that do not know your child, it may work with. Our letter will include, Justin is 7 years old, he loves power rangers, the color red, ice cream and baseball. He danced in the Nutcracer this year and plays the piano. He also suffers from CF. . . I think when you remember this affects a specific child, one that has the same likes/dislikes as other kids, it is harder to say no. Just a suggestion. There are many more with more experience than me.

Justinsmom

Hi,

We are getting really involved too. This is new to us, just diagnosed this year, but I am on the Galla committee and my husband is doing pro bono legislative work as well as working with the golf outing. I have co-hosted our school's main fundraiser for the past several years. My idea, hope it helps, it to include in the letter a brief into to your child. Family/friends may not need it, but business and others that do not know your child, it may work with. Our letter will include, Justin is 7 years old, he loves power rangers, the color red, ice cream and baseball. He danced in the Nutcracer this year and plays the piano. He also suffers from CF. . . I think when you remember this affects a specific child, one that has the same likes/dislikes as other kids, it is harder to say no. Just a suggestion. There are many more with more experience than me.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
I went to our local icecream shop. I asked the manager about doing Great Strides pinups. She did not want to do that but gave us a gift card for $20 to the icecream shop for a raffle or something like that. She was very sweet.

What do you all think about me using the gift card to give to the child who raises the most $ for a "genes for Genes" day at my daughter's school Either that or for the child that raises the most $ at the Great Strides walk?

I do not have the energy for a real raffle. My daughter is having yet another exacerbation; they are coming close and closer; We see the doc again in 10 days and depending how she feels I may look for some seriously aggressive treatment; like if she needs a bronch and IV's.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
I went to our local icecream shop. I asked the manager about doing Great Strides pinups. She did not want to do that but gave us a gift card for $20 to the icecream shop for a raffle or something like that. She was very sweet.

What do you all think about me using the gift card to give to the child who raises the most $ for a "genes for Genes" day at my daughter's school Either that or for the child that raises the most $ at the Great Strides walk?

I do not have the energy for a real raffle. My daughter is having yet another exacerbation; they are coming close and closer; We see the doc again in 10 days and depending how she feels I may look for some seriously aggressive treatment; like if she needs a bronch and IV's.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Oh also, does anyone have any luck with those pinups? Do businesses feel they are just a pain? I have yet to have a business want to do them.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Oh also, does anyone have any luck with those pinups? Do businesses feel they are just a pain? I have yet to have a business want to do them.