Need some symptom advice-what is this??

M

marcijo

Every so often I have this happen to me and I have no idea what it is.

I get very achy all over and cold...I want to do nothing except curl up in bed. It's miserable! I can take ibuprofen and once that kicks in I am fine. It's the wierdest thing. It usually happens at about 10am or so in the morning....sometimes later. I can't really pinpoint it to anything.

Does anyone else get this? I started antibiotics (Doxy) on Friday because I had an increased cough and was coughing more gunk up...I guess it could just be a sign of infection? I don't have a fever with it though.

It usually happens to me a couple of times per month.

Any ideas?

M

marcijo

I get very achy all over and cold...I want to do nothing except curl up in bed. It's miserable! I can take ibuprofen and once that kicks in I am fine. It's the wierdest thing. It usually happens at about 10am or so in the morning....sometimes later. I can't really pinpoint it to anything.

Does anyone else get this? I started antibiotics (Doxy) on Friday because I had an increased cough and was coughing more gunk up...I guess it could just be a sign of infection? I don't have a fever with it though.

It usually happens to me a couple of times per month.

Any ideas?

M

marcijo

<br />
<br />I get very achy all over and cold...I want to do nothing except curl up in bed. It's miserable! I can take ibuprofen and once that kicks in I am fine. It's the wierdest thing. It usually happens at about 10am or so in the morning....sometimes later. I can't really pinpoint it to anything.
<br />
<br />Does anyone else get this? I started antibiotics (Doxy) on Friday because I had an increased cough and was coughing more gunk up...I guess it could just be a sign of infection? I don't have a fever with it though.
<br />
<br />It usually happens to me a couple of times per month.
<br />
<br />Any ideas?

ej0820

hey there!

you're sure it's not a fever? even a low grade one? that sounds like me almost every day or at least every day I'm really feeling awful. I will get that way when my temp is just nearing <99* F, and that's not really considered a fever. I get achy and cold around that temp, though. Ibuprofen, too, always helps me.

Just my thought, hope you feel better soon.

ej0820

hey there!

you're sure it's not a fever? even a low grade one? that sounds like me almost every day or at least every day I'm really feeling awful. I will get that way when my temp is just nearing <99* F, and that's not really considered a fever. I get achy and cold around that temp, though. Ibuprofen, too, always helps me.

Just my thought, hope you feel better soon.

ej0820

hey there!
<br />
<br />you're sure it's not a fever? even a low grade one? that sounds like me almost every day or at least every day I'm really feeling awful. I will get that way when my temp is just nearing <99* F, and that's not really considered a fever. I get achy and cold around that temp, though. Ibuprofen, too, always helps me.
<br />
<br />Just my thought, hope you feel better soon.

ktsmom

I don't have CF, but what you are describing is exactly how I felt when I figured out I had hypothyroidism. You might have your TSH checked.

I hope you figure it out!

ktsmom

I don't have CF, but what you are describing is exactly how I felt when I figured out I had hypothyroidism. You might have your TSH checked.

I hope you figure it out!

ktsmom

<br />
<br />I hope you figure it out!

M

marcijo

I will check my temp next time....but I don't feel as if I have a fever-just really achey and cold. It's strange. I feel like I have to MAKE myself do anything-it's terrible.

As far as my thyroid-I have had them do a bloodtest twice on my thyroid-the levels were fine. Is this different than having my TSH checked?

Thanks!

M

marcijo

I will check my temp next time....but I don't feel as if I have a fever-just really achey and cold. It's strange. I feel like I have to MAKE myself do anything-it's terrible.

As far as my thyroid-I have had them do a bloodtest twice on my thyroid-the levels were fine. Is this different than having my TSH checked?

Thanks!

M

marcijo

<br />
<br />As far as my thyroid-I have had them do a bloodtest twice on my thyroid-the levels were fine. Is this different than having my TSH checked?
<br />
<br />Thanks!

Melissa75

Administrator
Marci,

I know exactly what you are describing...down to the miraculous ibuprofen fix. I've decided it is how I feel when my inflammation numbers are up: C-reactive protien and Sed Rate. The labs have played out that way, AND for me it usually (but not always) precipitates pleurisy and an exacerbation.

It also is more likely to happen right before my period. Something about the hormones makes my lungs act badly. My thyroid levels checked out fine in the past.

I remember doing my own research before the bronchiectasis dx and thinking that what I felt like corresponded to "adrenal insufficiency". Back then it came and went though always with lung pain, and the secondary lung infections were resolved with abs, so this little theory of mine got no investigation.

Let me know if you learn any more about it.

Oh, and my temp is a little higher than usual when this happens, and when I force myself to exercise I sweat even more than usual.

Melissa75

Administrator
Marci,

I know exactly what you are describing...down to the miraculous ibuprofen fix. I've decided it is how I feel when my inflammation numbers are up: C-reactive protien and Sed Rate. The labs have played out that way, AND for me it usually (but not always) precipitates pleurisy and an exacerbation.

It also is more likely to happen right before my period. Something about the hormones makes my lungs act badly. My thyroid levels checked out fine in the past.

I remember doing my own research before the bronchiectasis dx and thinking that what I felt like corresponded to "adrenal insufficiency". Back then it came and went though always with lung pain, and the secondary lung infections were resolved with abs, so this little theory of mine got no investigation.

Let me know if you learn any more about it.

Oh, and my temp is a little higher than usual when this happens, and when I force myself to exercise I sweat even more than usual.

Melissa75

Administrator
Marci,
<br />
<br />I know exactly what you are describing...down to the miraculous ibuprofen fix. I've decided it is how I feel when my inflammation numbers are up: C-reactive protien and Sed Rate. The labs have played out that way, AND for me it usually (but not always) precipitates pleurisy and an exacerbation.
<br />
<br />It also is more likely to happen right before my period. Something about the hormones makes my lungs act badly. My thyroid levels checked out fine in the past.
<br />
<br />I remember doing my own research before the bronchiectasis dx and thinking that what I felt like corresponded to "adrenal insufficiency". Back then it came and went though always with lung pain, and the secondary lung infections were resolved with abs, so this little theory of mine got no investigation.
<br />
<br />Let me know if you learn any more about it.
<br />
<br />Oh, and my temp is a little higher than usual when this happens, and when I force myself to exercise I sweat even more than usual.

M

marcijo

Melissa-I think I am having exactly what you are describing. I tend to think it definitely has something to do with inflamation - as the ibuprofen makes it all go away. I wonder if there is something I can take naturally to bring down the inflammation??

It seems to happen to me once a month as well - I have been trying to determine when it happens around my cycle but haven't been able to pinpoint it yet. I should start charting it I guess.

I mentioned it to my doctor-he told me to keep tabs on it....

I do have a slight infection going on now so I started doxy on Saturday....I'm sure that has something to do with it.

M

marcijo

Melissa-I think I am having exactly what you are describing. I tend to think it definitely has something to do with inflamation - as the ibuprofen makes it all go away. I wonder if there is something I can take naturally to bring down the inflammation??

It seems to happen to me once a month as well - I have been trying to determine when it happens around my cycle but haven't been able to pinpoint it yet. I should start charting it I guess.

I mentioned it to my doctor-he told me to keep tabs on it....

I do have a slight infection going on now so I started doxy on Saturday....I'm sure that has something to do with it.

M

marcijo

<br />
<br />It seems to happen to me once a month as well - I have been trying to determine when it happens around my cycle but haven't been able to pinpoint it yet. I should start charting it I guess.
<br />
<br />I mentioned it to my doctor-he told me to keep tabs on it....
<br />
<br />I do have a slight infection going on now so I started doxy on Saturday....I'm sure that has something to do with it.

lgs

I think Melissa is right on. The same exact thing happens to me (achiness and feeling very cold) right before/around my period. I always take my temp and it never registers as a fever, eventhough it feels like I am running a high fever. Menstruation definitely affects my experience of CF and CFRD problems.

p.s. Hi all- I'm new to the forum.

lgs

I think Melissa is right on. The same exact thing happens to me (achiness and feeling very cold) right before/around my period. I always take my temp and it never registers as a fever, eventhough it feels like I am running a high fever. Menstruation definitely affects my experience of CF and CFRD problems.

p.s. Hi all- I'm new to the forum.