Need some symptom advice-what is this??

lgs

I think Melissa is right on. The same exact thing happens to me (achiness and feeling very cold) right before/around my period. I always take my temp and it never registers as a fever, eventhough it feels like I am running a high fever. Menstruation definitely affects my experience of CF and CFRD problems.
<br />
<br />p.s. Hi all- I'm new to the forum.

theLostMiler

I am happy to read that a 99 degree fever feels like a higher fever for other people! I always feel sooo sooo crappy when I get my fevers, but they are at most 100... but they make me feel just like erin described.

I thought there was research about oestrogen and making it worse for cf woman. I used to get fevers and cough up blood before and during my periods. Now I just get them whenever haha.

theLostMiler

I am happy to read that a 99 degree fever feels like a higher fever for other people! I always feel sooo sooo crappy when I get my fevers, but they are at most 100... but they make me feel just like erin described.

I thought there was research about oestrogen and making it worse for cf woman. I used to get fevers and cough up blood before and during my periods. Now I just get them whenever haha.

theLostMiler

<br />
<br />I thought there was research about oestrogen and making it worse for cf woman. I used to get fevers and cough up blood before and during my periods. Now I just get them whenever haha.

Melissa75

Administrator
I haven't looked into this in a while but this thread prompted me to look at the adrenal insufficiency thing again, and I found two interesting things:
One is that infections like TB and fungus can attack the adrenal glands and damage them, causing adrenal insufficency (intense fatigue, muscle pain, weakness, feeling cold, low blood pressure and more).
The other thing, which I never read about several yrs ago, is that adrenal damage can cause pain, mid-back, where the ribs attach to the spine (the adrenal glands sit on top of the kidneys). "Rogoff's sign"
My "lung pain" would often start here and then wrap around to the front of my body. After several hours-to-days of impaired mucus clearance from this pain, I would have pneumonia. Who knows what this all means aside from hormones being powerful...

Melissa75

Administrator
I haven't looked into this in a while but this thread prompted me to look at the adrenal insufficiency thing again, and I found two interesting things:
One is that infections like TB and fungus can attack the adrenal glands and damage them, causing adrenal insufficency (intense fatigue, muscle pain, weakness, feeling cold, low blood pressure and more).
The other thing, which I never read about several yrs ago, is that adrenal damage can cause pain, mid-back, where the ribs attach to the spine (the adrenal glands sit on top of the kidneys). "Rogoff's sign"
My "lung pain" would often start here and then wrap around to the front of my body. After several hours-to-days of impaired mucus clearance from this pain, I would have pneumonia. Who knows what this all means aside from hormones being powerful...

Melissa75

Administrator
<br />One is that infections like TB and fungus can attack the adrenal glands and damage them, causing adrenal insufficency (intense fatigue, muscle pain, weakness, feeling cold, low blood pressure and more).
<br />The other thing, which I never read about several yrs ago, is that adrenal damage can cause pain, mid-back, where the ribs attach to the spine (the adrenal glands sit on top of the kidneys). "Rogoff's sign"
<br />My "lung pain" would often start here and then wrap around to the front of my body. After several hours-to-days of impaired mucus clearance from this pain, I would have pneumonia. Who knows what this all means aside from hormones being powerful...

LouLou

Hi, Do you all have strong asthma components to your cf too?
I DO NOT nor do I have ABPA but I have cultured aspergillus and my igE is in the high 80s (elevated but not crazy high like one would see with ABPA). I managed to get my insurance to cover Xolair. I wonder if this injection would help you. I'm a little nervous to be on it due to it's increase malignancy chance.

LouLou

I DO NOT nor do I have ABPA but I have cultured aspergillus and my igE is in the high 80s (elevated but not crazy high like one would see with ABPA). I managed to get my insurance to cover Xolair. I wonder if this injection would help you. I'm a little nervous to be on it due to it's increase malignancy chance.

LouLou

<br />I DO NOT nor do I have ABPA but I have cultured aspergillus and my igE is in the high 80s (elevated but not crazy high like one would see with ABPA). I managed to get my insurance to cover Xolair. I wonder if this injection would help you. I'm a little nervous to be on it due to it's increase malignancy chance.

M

marcijo

I do have a strong asthma component with my CF...when I started on Advair my FEV1 went from 65% to 95% after about 3 months. I am guessing a lot of that was due to help with inflamation.

I have never cultured Aspergills that I know of-would they find this in a regular CF culture? Also-how do I get my igE checked??

I will have to check into Xolair-thanks!

M

marcijo

I do have a strong asthma component with my CF...when I started on Advair my FEV1 went from 65% to 95% after about 3 months. I am guessing a lot of that was due to help with inflamation.

I have never cultured Aspergills that I know of-would they find this in a regular CF culture? Also-how do I get my igE checked??

I will have to check into Xolair-thanks!

M

marcijo

<br />
<br />I have never cultured Aspergills that I know of-would they find this in a regular CF culture? Also-how do I get my igE checked??
<br />
<br />I will have to check into Xolair-thanks!