Need some tutoring

AbbysMama

Ok, so I'm plugging along researching the whole R117H + T thing and I just don't understand the why, how, etc. behind which one is "better" or "worse" and what the T actually signifies/represents/means. We've asked, but we get "don't worry about it" responses.

Can anyone help clear this up for me?

AbbysMama

Ok, so I'm plugging along researching the whole R117H + T thing and I just don't understand the why, how, etc. behind which one is "better" or "worse" and what the T actually signifies/represents/means. We've asked, but we get "don't worry about it" responses.

AbbysMama

AbbysMama

AbbysMama

<br />
<br />Can anyone help clear this up for me?

janddburke

excellent question. can't wait for someone to answer.
I believe from what I read that the higher the number with the T the more functionality the cell has
i.e 9T higher funtionality that 5T. therefore the range in symptoms for R117H.

janddburke

I believe from what I read that the higher the number with the T the more functionality the cell has

janddburke

janddburke

janddburke

<br />I believe from what I read that the higher the number with the T the more functionality the cell has
<br />i.e 9T higher funtionality that 5T. therefore the range in symptoms for R117H.

StevenKeiles

Emily and Jessica,

Everyone has a poly T on each chromosome and they are usually 5, 7, or 9. So any combination of these two is possible. 5/7, 5/9, 7/9 etc. Only when one carries the 5T is the poly T important.

The R117H is a mild mutation, when it has a 7 or 9T located on the same chromosome. However when the R117H in on a 5T chromosome it becomes a more significant mutation.

The 5T can also be like a mild to moderate mutation when someone carries the 5T as one of their mutations even without the R117H.

Steve

StevenKeiles

Emily and Jessica,

Everyone has a poly T on each chromosome and they are usually 5, 7, or 9. So any combination of these two is possible. 5/7, 5/9, 7/9 etc. Only when one carries the 5T is the poly T important.

The R117H is a mild mutation, when it has a 7 or 9T located on the same chromosome. However when the R117H in on a 5T chromosome it becomes a more significant mutation.

The 5T can also be like a mild to moderate mutation when someone carries the 5T as one of their mutations even without the R117H.

Steve

StevenKeiles

Emily and Jessica,

Steve

StevenKeiles

Emily and Jessica,

Steve

StevenKeiles

Emily and Jessica,
<br />
<br />Everyone has a poly T on each chromosome and they are usually 5, 7, or 9. So any combination of these two is possible. 5/7, 5/9, 7/9 etc. Only when one carries the 5T is the poly T important.
<br />
<br />The R117H is a mild mutation, when it has a 7 or 9T located on the same chromosome. However when the R117H in on a 5T chromosome it becomes a more significant mutation.
<br />
<br />The 5T can also be like a mild to moderate mutation when someone carries the 5T as one of their mutations even without the R117H.
<br />
<br />Steve