Needing Help

Foody

There are therapists who use emotional release techniques which help you deal with difficult memories, flashbacks, fears, phobias and many other emotional patterns which keep us stuck in grief. These techniques are gentle yet powerfully effective because they honor your emotions while allowing them to be released rather than numbed threw medication.

The techniques are found in a branch of psychology called Energy Pschology. One technique my therapist used with me was called Emotional Freedom Technique or Tapping. You bring up the challenging or overwhelming (unprocessed) emotion and go through a series of tapping acupuncture points throughout the body while recalling it. You do this until the "charge" is gone. Over time, by using this technique (coupled with discussing things aloud) you simply work through it in your own time.

Journalling and Art Therapy are other wonderfully powerful ways to connect and honor your gried and the memories of your sister.

Slowly, you begin to emerge, forever changed by this but able to harness your energy once again and give it an outlet.

Here are some resources:
<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.emofree.com/">http://www.emofree.com/</a>

Foody

There are therapists who use emotional release techniques which help you deal with difficult memories, flashbacks, fears, phobias and many other emotional patterns which keep us stuck in grief. These techniques are gentle yet powerfully effective because they honor your emotions while allowing them to be released rather than numbed threw medication.

The techniques are found in a branch of psychology called Energy Pschology. One technique my therapist used with me was called Emotional Freedom Technique or Tapping. You bring up the challenging or overwhelming (unprocessed) emotion and go through a series of tapping acupuncture points throughout the body while recalling it. You do this until the "charge" is gone. Over time, by using this technique (coupled with discussing things aloud) you simply work through it in your own time.

Journalling and Art Therapy are other wonderfully powerful ways to connect and honor your gried and the memories of your sister.

Slowly, you begin to emerge, forever changed by this but able to harness your energy once again and give it an outlet.

Here are some resources:
<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.emofree.com/">http://www.emofree.com/</a>

Foody

Here are some resources:

Foody

Here are some resources:

Foody

Here are some resources:

Foody - Thank you I will surely check into that since I've done the counselling and medications with little relief. I do want to be able to go on and leave this behind enough to have a pretty normal life. I found it really interesting to see you talk about phobias, fears, flashbacks, etc. I didn't know that was normal. I get nightmares all the time and I'm terrified something might happen to my children, to the point of having dreams that something happens in different ways and I'm unable to save them. I grew up in the country and never was afraid of bugs or snakes but now I'm absolutely terrified of them. I wasn't before she died. I've often said to my husband how I turned into a chicken after Angela passed away and never realized it was all coming from the grief. I'll check into what you sent as a resource. Thank you so much for your support.

Foody - Thank you I will surely check into that since I've done the counselling and medications with little relief. I do want to be able to go on and leave this behind enough to have a pretty normal life. I found it really interesting to see you talk about phobias, fears, flashbacks, etc. I didn't know that was normal. I get nightmares all the time and I'm terrified something might happen to my children, to the point of having dreams that something happens in different ways and I'm unable to save them. I grew up in the country and never was afraid of bugs or snakes but now I'm absolutely terrified of them. I wasn't before she died. I've often said to my husband how I turned into a chicken after Angela passed away and never realized it was all coming from the grief. I'll check into what you sent as a resource. Thank you so much for your support.

Rickiesmom I haven't the words to express my sorrow over what you've gone through, so much more than I have. I will definitely pm you. Thank you.

Rickiesmom I haven't the words to express my sorrow over what you've gone through, so much more than I have. I will definitely pm you. Thank you.

bagged2drag

I'm sorry about your loss. With all the anguish you are facing, try and remember that the other family members are probably feeling something similar, and even if they say things that sound hurtful, it may be the only way they know how to cope too. The comments, even though wrong, may not be truly directed at you, they may just come out of frustration.

As far as coping, try to look at it this way, I myself have cf, I know one day I will likely be leaving my family and friends prematurely. Even though I expect that they'd mourn, I really would want them to celebrate my life instead. The time spent together is worth much more than the time that passes by.

bagged2drag

I'm sorry about your loss. With all the anguish you are facing, try and remember that the other family members are probably feeling something similar, and even if they say things that sound hurtful, it may be the only way they know how to cope too. The comments, even though wrong, may not be truly directed at you, they may just come out of frustration.

As far as coping, try to look at it this way, I myself have cf, I know one day I will likely be leaving my family and friends prematurely. Even though I expect that they'd mourn, I really would want them to celebrate my life instead. The time spent together is worth much more than the time that passes by.

bagged2drag

bagged2drag

bagged2drag