Nervous mother

laughenjoylove1

My daughter goes tomorrow for her first sweat test...

About a week ago my daughter had a bowel movement and passed a very large mucus plug. It looked like a very large egg yolk with a "tube" attached. There were streaks of dark blood in it. Along with that and the stool there were also tons of little fiber-looking stings in the toilet as well. *Has anyone with CF ever experienced this?
I took her and the "mucus plug" to the emergency room. The Dr there just said that if she had a cold it's possible that it just passed through the stool if it wasn't expelled through her nose. No test were run, no stool samples, no xrays to check for obstruction or anything. My daughter has always had very loose stool and diarrhea.
Last weekend she seemed to get worse. She woke up on Wednesday with a non- productive croopy cough. I took her to her pediatrician and after discussing everything and her past medical history she referred her to the hospital to get a sewat test to check for CF. Honestly, I had heard of CF but didn't really know much about it. Of course she said not to worry too much...and of course here I am worrying. The more I've researched about CF the more I get this gut feeling that she may have it. She has lost 5 or 6lbs in the past couple of months. She doesn't want to eat anything...just drink.
She was very sick last year. For nearly four months straight. We were in the Dr's office at least once a week. (This was a different doctor in another state). They did chest xrays, in office breathing treatments, and she was put on three different anti-biotics back to back. She seemed to get better for a few days and then she was sick again. They put her on a nebulizer with Pulmicort and Albuterol. She was finally sent to a pediatric pulminologist. He tested her for allergies and replaced the Pulmicort with Xopenex. He ran a slew of other blood tests. The next week I moved here to NY and her results were sent to me.
As I was looking through her medical file yesterday I found the test results and one of the pages was a CF mutation analysis from genzyme. It states "negative for the 97 mutations analyzed". I never even knew they were testing her for CF...the pulminologist never said anything to me.
I was told that it will take a week to get the results of the sweat test. I'm so nervous. I wonder, if in my mind, I'm making the symptoms fit this particular disease - not because I want her to have it, but because I'm just looking for an answer.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and respond with any comments or answers to my questions.

laughenjoylove1

About a week ago my daughter had a bowel movement and passed a very large mucus plug. It looked like a very large egg yolk with a "tube" attached. There were streaks of dark blood in it. Along with that and the stool there were also tons of little fiber-looking stings in the toilet as well. *Has anyone with CF ever experienced this?
I took her and the "mucus plug" to the emergency room. The Dr there just said that if she had a cold it's possible that it just passed through the stool if it wasn't expelled through her nose. No test were run, no stool samples, no xrays to check for obstruction or anything. My daughter has always had very loose stool and diarrhea.
Last weekend she seemed to get worse. She woke up on Wednesday with a non- productive croopy cough. I took her to her pediatrician and after discussing everything and her past medical history she referred her to the hospital to get a sewat test to check for CF. Honestly, I had heard of CF but didn't really know much about it. Of course she said not to worry too much...and of course here I am worrying. The more I've researched about CF the more I get this gut feeling that she may have it. She has lost 5 or 6lbs in the past couple of months. She doesn't want to eat anything...just drink.
She was very sick last year. For nearly four months straight. We were in the Dr's office at least once a week. (This was a different doctor in another state). They did chest xrays, in office breathing treatments, and she was put on three different anti-biotics back to back. She seemed to get better for a few days and then she was sick again. They put her on a nebulizer with Pulmicort and Albuterol. She was finally sent to a pediatric pulminologist. He tested her for allergies and replaced the Pulmicort with Xopenex. He ran a slew of other blood tests. The next week I moved here to NY and her results were sent to me.
As I was looking through her medical file yesterday I found the test results and one of the pages was a CF mutation analysis from genzyme. It states "negative for the 97 mutations analyzed". I never even knew they were testing her for CF...the pulminologist never said anything to me.
I was told that it will take a week to get the results of the sweat test. I'm so nervous. I wonder, if in my mind, I'm making the symptoms fit this particular disease - not because I want her to have it, but because I'm just looking for an answer.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and respond with any comments or answers to my questions.

laughenjoylove1

laughenjoylove1

laughenjoylove1