Never a good sign

TestifyToLove

I can tell you we went to ONE clinic appointment with M before he came home and I saw about 6 accredidation violations right off the bat.

When we were working to finalize his adoption, his Public Health nurse from that state fly with hi social worker to do a home visit (practically unheard of and his attorney was furious when she found out). I learned that M's public health nurse was originally his CF center nure. She sat in my living room demanding to see my air filters and inisting that we couldn't possibly keep him healthy in a house with so many kids. I looked at her and started ticking off the violations I personally saw in his former CF center, detailed the months they missed his bowel obstruction and cost him his illeoceccal valve at 4 and how they missed his Psuedomonas culture for possibly a full year before they even responded to it.

They did back off the assertion that we couldn't take care of him, but no until after we showed them the air filters were CLEAN--because we change them every 3-4 weeks par for course for his health. No justification for their violations and his poor care was offered though.

TestifyToLove

I can tell you we went to ONE clinic appointment with M before he came home and I saw about 6 accredidation violations right off the bat.

When we were working to finalize his adoption, his Public Health nurse from that state fly with hi social worker to do a home visit (practically unheard of and his attorney was furious when she found out). I learned that M's public health nurse was originally his CF center nure. She sat in my living room demanding to see my air filters and inisting that we couldn't possibly keep him healthy in a house with so many kids. I looked at her and started ticking off the violations I personally saw in his former CF center, detailed the months they missed his bowel obstruction and cost him his illeoceccal valve at 4 and how they missed his Psuedomonas culture for possibly a full year before they even responded to it.

They did back off the assertion that we couldn't take care of him, but no until after we showed them the air filters were CLEAN--because we change them every 3-4 weeks par for course for his health. No justification for their violations and his poor care was offered though.

TestifyToLove

TestifyToLove

TestifyToLove

<br />
<br />When we were working to finalize his adoption, his Public Health nurse from that state fly with hi social worker to do a home visit (practically unheard of and his attorney was furious when she found out). I learned that M's public health nurse was originally his CF center nure. She sat in my living room demanding to see my air filters and inisting that we couldn't possibly keep him healthy in a house with so many kids. I looked at her and started ticking off the violations I personally saw in his former CF center, detailed the months they missed his bowel obstruction and cost him his illeoceccal valve at 4 and how they missed his Psuedomonas culture for possibly a full year before they even responded to it.
<br />
<br />They did back off the assertion that we couldn't take care of him, but no until after we showed them the air filters were CLEAN--because we change them every 3-4 weeks par for course for his health. No justification for their violations and his poor care was offered though.

zoe4life

Man, I hope the new clinic is good! Sounds like they probably will be....keep us posted!
Glad you are settled into your new home. Do you like it?
Take care, give all a hug!

zoe4life

Man, I hope the new clinic is good! Sounds like they probably will be....keep us posted!

zoe4life

zoe4life

zoe4life

<br />Glad you are settled into your new home. Do you like it?
<br />Take care, give all a hug!
<br />

Sakem

Im not sure i'm following the post. Is it that the state your son was born in, is known as having poor quality of care for CF? If so Im not sure how this assumption was made.

Yes, u can look at the statistics, but not sure if they r a true indication of the whole picture. A CF clinic can't force a parent to do preventative care, nor get in for appts every 3 months.

THe only state i've ever heard of getting a bad rap, is FLorida. A lot of their centers have lower statistics, but not convinced this means they get terrible CF treatment.

Sakem

Im not sure i'm following the post. Is it that the state your son was born in, is known as having poor quality of care for CF? If so Im not sure how this assumption was made.

Yes, u can look at the statistics, but not sure if they r a true indication of the whole picture. A CF clinic can't force a parent to do preventative care, nor get in for appts every 3 months.

THe only state i've ever heard of getting a bad rap, is FLorida. A lot of their centers have lower statistics, but not convinced this means they get terrible CF treatment.

Sakem

Sakem

Sakem

<br />
<br />Yes, u can look at the statistics, but not sure if they r a true indication of the whole picture. A CF clinic can't force a parent to do preventative care, nor get in for appts every 3 months.
<br />
<br />THe only state i've ever heard of getting a bad rap, is FLorida. A lot of their centers have lower statistics, but not convinced this means they get terrible CF treatment.

SadiesMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Sakem</b></i>

THe only state i've ever heard of getting a bad rap, is FLorida. A lot of their centers have lower statistics, but not convinced this means they get terrible CF treatment.</end quote></div>

Yeah, I'm not sure I'm getting it all either. I guess the talking in code, gets me mixed up. Either way, I hope M gets the quality care you are looking for.

SadiesMom

THe only state i've ever heard of getting a bad rap, is FLorida. A lot of their centers have lower statistics, but not convinced this means they get terrible CF treatment.</end quote></div>

Yeah, I'm not sure I'm getting it all either. I guess the talking in code, gets me mixed up. Either way, I hope M gets the quality care you are looking for.

SadiesMom

SadiesMom

THe only state i've ever heard of getting a bad rap, is FLorida. A lot of their centers have lower statistics, but not convinced this means they get terrible CF treatment.</end quote>

SadiesMom

<br />
<br />Im not sure i'm following the post. Is it that the state your son was born in, is known as having poor quality of care for CF? If so Im not sure how this assumption was made.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />Yes, u can look at the statistics, but not sure if they r a true indication of the whole picture. A CF clinic can't force a parent to do preventative care, nor get in for appts every 3 months.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />THe only state i've ever heard of getting a bad rap, is FLorida. A lot of their centers have lower statistics, but not convinced this means they get terrible CF treatment.</end quote>
<br />
<br />Yeah, I'm not sure I'm getting it all either. I guess the talking in code, gets me mixed up. Either way, I hope M gets the quality care you are looking for.