New, from the UK - Seeking US transplant

daydreams

Ok, I didn't know what sort of feelings this would spark. Thankyou to those that have posted I'm looking into some of your suggestions.
I didn't know how I would be welcomed not actually having CF myself.
And I didn't come on here to upset anyone but I'm sorry if I did.
I also didn't come on here for people to judge if it was politically correct for someone to travel the USA for a transplant or not.
I have seen friends die waiting and I have also seen friends die of rejection. Given I am fully informed of the risks and have seen the out come from a few different angles isn't that my choice as to whether I want a transplant or not? And if I can come up with the money shouldn't I be given just as fair a chance as anyone else on the waiting list? I honestly don't know how I'd feel if the rolls were reversed, all I do know is I'm a 20yr old with end stage lung disease who is dying and is not ready to yet. I don't really care where I get a transplant from as long as I get one and even if it did kill me at least I would of died trying to live, if that makes sense.

Again I apologize to those offended and I will not be disturbing your community by posting again.

daydreams

Ok, I didn't know what sort of feelings this would spark. Thankyou to those that have posted I'm looking into some of your suggestions.
I also didn't come on here for people to judge if it was politically correct for someone to travel the USA for a transplant or not.
I have seen friends die waiting and I have also seen friends die of rejection. Given I am fully informed of the risks and have seen the out come from a few different angles isn't that my choice as to whether I want a transplant or not? And if I can come up with the money shouldn't I be given just as fair a chance as anyone else on the waiting list? I honestly don't know how I'd feel if the rolls were reversed, all I do know is I'm a 20yr old with end stage lung disease who is dying and is not ready to yet. I don't really care where I get a transplant from as long as I get one and even if it did kill me at least I would of died trying to live, if that makes sense.

Again I apologize to those offended and I will not be disturbing your community by posting again.

daydreams

daydreams

daydreams

<br />I didn't know how I would be welcomed not actually having CF myself.
<br />And I didn't come on here to upset anyone but I'm sorry if I did.
<br />I also didn't come on here for people to judge if it was politically correct for someone to travel the USA for a transplant or not.
<br />I have seen friends die waiting and I have also seen friends die of rejection. Given I am fully informed of the risks and have seen the out come from a few different angles isn't that my choice as to whether I want a transplant or not? And if I can come up with the money shouldn't I be given just as fair a chance as anyone else on the waiting list? I honestly don't know how I'd feel if the rolls were reversed, all I do know is I'm a 20yr old with end stage lung disease who is dying and is not ready to yet. I don't really care where I get a transplant from as long as I get one and even if it did kill me at least I would of died trying to live, if that makes sense.
<br />
<br />Again I apologize to those offended and I will not be disturbing your community by posting again.

cutiepatootie

I don't live in the US and I'm sure people that live there may not agree with me, but I have to say. You have every right to seek help else where if your country isn't willing to help you out. Yes I do understand that you would probably take organs away from someone else who needs thems, but don't forget you need them too, you are dying. So just because you are sick and living in a different country means that you souldn't have a second chance to live. Well I don't think that is fare.

I have to also say there are some people other that do get transplants and don't deserve it to because they don't take care of them selfs like there suppose to. There was or is a I me to say a post lung transplant patient at my clinic who smokes. And I've meet an other patient not lung tx who smoke cigs, pot and drinks often. So you don't know who will always get the organ a how they will be after tx and what they may or may not do after tx! Thats my opinion on this subject, and sorry if I offened any one out there I didn't mean to!

cutiepatootie

I don't live in the US and I'm sure people that live there may not agree with me, but I have to say. You have every right to seek help else where if your country isn't willing to help you out. Yes I do understand that you would probably take organs away from someone else who needs thems, but don't forget you need them too, you are dying. So just because you are sick and living in a different country means that you souldn't have a second chance to live. Well I don't think that is fare.

I have to also say there are some people other that do get transplants and don't deserve it to because they don't take care of them selfs like there suppose to. There was or is a I me to say a post lung transplant patient at my clinic who smokes. And I've meet an other patient not lung tx who smoke cigs, pot and drinks often. So you don't know who will always get the organ a how they will be after tx and what they may or may not do after tx! Thats my opinion on this subject, and sorry if I offened any one out there I didn't mean to!

cutiepatootie

cutiepatootie

cutiepatootie

nicolaj

Rachey,im so sorry you are going through this and you DESERVE to get your wish of a transplant. I dont come on this site much any more, because of the negativity and bitching that goes on.I never post any more,but i felt i had to today! I understand every one is entitled to there opinion,but what you need right now is help and positivity. Im also from England,and recently read your story in a magazine,which i found heartbreaking hun. Ive been listed for 8months now,and i cant imagine what you must be going through,not knowing were to turn. A great place i found was Transplantbuddies,were i now chat and get advice. If you ever want to chat,send me a pm,of visit transplantbuddies.Keep your chin up girl,

Take care Nicola x

nicolaj

Rachey,im so sorry you are going through this and you DESERVE to get your wish of a transplant. I dont come on this site much any more, because of the negativity and bitching that goes on.I never post any more,but i felt i had to today! I understand every one is entitled to there opinion,but what you need right now is help and positivity. Im also from England,and recently read your story in a magazine,which i found heartbreaking hun. Ive been listed for 8months now,and i cant imagine what you must be going through,not knowing were to turn. A great place i found was Transplantbuddies,were i now chat and get advice. If you ever want to chat,send me a pm,of visit transplantbuddies.Keep your chin up girl,

Take care Nicola x

nicolaj

Take care Nicola x

nicolaj

Take care Nicola x

nicolaj

<br />
<br />Take care Nicola x

E

emerenta18

I hope you get some support here Rachey, and not be told you don't deserve a transplant in the US, that is shocking! I live in Ireland, where a transplant unit was only set up several years ago, before that all transplant patients had to go to the UK, so should we have just died instead? now our ''transplant'' hospital has transplanted 2 people, in two years, if i had the choice between the UK and Ireland for a transplant, i'd be choosing the UK, so i would actually have a chance of receiving a tx, good luck

E

emerenta18

I hope you get some support here Rachey, and not be told you don't deserve a transplant in the US, that is shocking! I live in Ireland, where a transplant unit was only set up several years ago, before that all transplant patients had to go to the UK, so should we have just died instead? now our ''transplant'' hospital has transplanted 2 people, in two years, if i had the choice between the UK and Ireland for a transplant, i'd be choosing the UK, so i would actually have a chance of receiving a tx, good luck

E

emerenta18

E

emerenta18

E

emerenta18