New Member- mom of 2 kids with CF and author

LisaGreene

Hi Maria Anne,
Wow, you've sure been through alot with your daughters. I hope your daughter gets out of the hospital soon. How is she doing? My daugher Kasey (7) has GI troubles, too. It can be frustrating and scary. She hasn't been hospitalized for it yet but have had some close calls with blockages. But now, colase and miralax and probiotics seem to keep things under control.

As far as the sinuses go, we have only caught the polyps by doing CT scans. Neither kids had any symptoms except a little stuffiness which we were told was due to allergies. But, we asked the DR to do CT scans to make sure. Once we found them then we consulted with the ENT. It turned out that my son's were really bad and they needed to operate and found lots of infection up in the sinus cavities which they cleaned out. We been kind of battleing them ever since. Same story with Kasey- requested a CT scan and there they were. If they go untreated for too long, there can be changes in the bone growth from them so we don't want to risk it. Very hard decisions to make...

Anyways, I'll bet your daughters will do much better now that they have been diagnosed. There are so many good treatments and so much hope on the horizon for our kids. Hang in there! Let me know if you have anymore questions about sinuses.

Take care,
Lisa

LisaGreene

Hi Maria Anne,
Wow, you've sure been through alot with your daughters. I hope your daughter gets out of the hospital soon. How is she doing? My daugher Kasey (7) has GI troubles, too. It can be frustrating and scary. She hasn't been hospitalized for it yet but have had some close calls with blockages. But now, colase and miralax and probiotics seem to keep things under control.

As far as the sinuses go, we have only caught the polyps by doing CT scans. Neither kids had any symptoms except a little stuffiness which we were told was due to allergies. But, we asked the DR to do CT scans to make sure. Once we found them then we consulted with the ENT. It turned out that my son's were really bad and they needed to operate and found lots of infection up in the sinus cavities which they cleaned out. We been kind of battleing them ever since. Same story with Kasey- requested a CT scan and there they were. If they go untreated for too long, there can be changes in the bone growth from them so we don't want to risk it. Very hard decisions to make...

Anyways, I'll bet your daughters will do much better now that they have been diagnosed. There are so many good treatments and so much hope on the horizon for our kids. Hang in there! Let me know if you have anymore questions about sinuses.

Take care,
Lisa

LisaGreene

Hi Maria Anne,

Take care,
Lisa

LisaGreene

Hi Maria Anne,

Take care,
Lisa

LisaGreene

Hi Maria Anne,

Take care,
Lisa