New Members: We welcome you here!

65rosessamurai

Hi Sharon, Andrea, Melanie, Shaunessy and Lucypearl! (did I miss anyone?)

Melanie, welcome to the forum, we happen to have a few others from Germany (at least one person, Uli, for sure). Hope you can find equally good information from her about things going on in Germany....

Shaunessy...another sushi lover...great! I'm looking forward to hearing about your sushi preferences (dislikes and never eat agains! lol!)

65rosessamurai

Melanie, welcome to the forum, we happen to have a few others from Germany (at least one person, Uli, for sure). Hope you can find equally good information from her about things going on in Germany....

Shaunessy...another sushi lover...great! I'm looking forward to hearing about your sushi preferences (dislikes and never eat agains! lol!)

65rosessamurai

65rosessamurai

65rosessamurai

ginny

Hi, my name is Ginny. We lost our daughter Cody at the age of 23 last April 28, 2005. We have since formed the Cody Dieruf Benefit Foundation to honor our daughters legacy. We are a non profit so we are able to help families in our area who struggle with this Cystic Fibrosis. We miss Cody very much. Each day is a struggle, each day is a memory. Cody was very courageous. She loved life. Her dream was to graduate from college. She died 11 day shy of graduation.
All of you, fight to stay healthy, it will be worth it until the cure is found.

visit www.codydieruf.com and breathinisbelievin.org

Ginny Dieruf

ginny

Hi, my name is Ginny. We lost our daughter Cody at the age of 23 last April 28, 2005. We have since formed the Cody Dieruf Benefit Foundation to honor our daughters legacy. We are a non profit so we are able to help families in our area who struggle with this Cystic Fibrosis. We miss Cody very much. Each day is a struggle, each day is a memory. Cody was very courageous. She loved life. Her dream was to graduate from college. She died 11 day shy of graduation.

Ginny Dieruf

ginny

Ginny Dieruf

ginny

Ginny Dieruf

ginny

Ginny Dieruf

A

Aspiemom

I am so new here, I'm not sure how to "thread". I hope I'm doing it correctly.

My name is Debbi, I am 47 yrs old and was dx late with CF at age 43. I was also dxed with bronchiectisis at age 28. I have the Delta 508 gene and I forget the other one - my husband is sleeping in the room with the file so I can't list it now.

I've been married 20 years. I have one child who we adopted at age 7mos. He just turned 13 years this week. He has Aspergers and I homeschool him, which is getting harder with the CF progression.

The first 3 years of my treatment was through the clinic at Johns Hopkins. I loved them and miss them. We moved to northern GA, just outside of Chattanooga, this year and I now go to Vanderbilt in Nashville every 3 mos. or more often when needed. I have been nothing but sick since we moved down here, so I've been fighting discouragement.

I have Pseudomonis and am resistant to every oral antibiotic but right now they are trying 875mg Augmentin 2x/day because I was on IV antibiotics 2mos. ago and they think it's too soon to repeat them. I'm on Prednisone right now, too. A company is looking into whether my insurance will cover my getting a Vest, so that will be new to me.

I'm lousy at the exercise bit. I have a Total Gym, which I love, and a treadmill. But I'll just get into a routine and then will have an exacerbation and will need to stop, then can't get back into the habit again. I really need to lose weight - I'm 5'3 1/2" and weigh 168lbs right now. My husband is on the road a lot and with the isolation, depression & discouragement I turn to food as the highlight of my day ---baaaddd girl!!! But I don't want diabetes, too, and more weight-related problems, so I'm TRYING to lose!

I just found this site and am looking forward to making some Adult CF friends. I feel like no one around me quite understands but perhaps here I'll find people who do and we can learn from each other.

A

Aspiemom

My name is Debbi, I am 47 yrs old and was dx late with CF at age 43. I was also dxed with bronchiectisis at age 28. I have the Delta 508 gene and I forget the other one - my husband is sleeping in the room with the file so I can't list it now.

I've been married 20 years. I have one child who we adopted at age 7mos. He just turned 13 years this week. He has Aspergers and I homeschool him, which is getting harder with the CF progression.

The first 3 years of my treatment was through the clinic at Johns Hopkins. I loved them and miss them. We moved to northern GA, just outside of Chattanooga, this year and I now go to Vanderbilt in Nashville every 3 mos. or more often when needed. I have been nothing but sick since we moved down here, so I've been fighting discouragement.

I have Pseudomonis and am resistant to every oral antibiotic but right now they are trying 875mg Augmentin 2x/day because I was on IV antibiotics 2mos. ago and they think it's too soon to repeat them. I'm on Prednisone right now, too. A company is looking into whether my insurance will cover my getting a Vest, so that will be new to me.

I'm lousy at the exercise bit. I have a Total Gym, which I love, and a treadmill. But I'll just get into a routine and then will have an exacerbation and will need to stop, then can't get back into the habit again. I really need to lose weight - I'm 5'3 1/2" and weigh 168lbs right now. My husband is on the road a lot and with the isolation, depression & discouragement I turn to food as the highlight of my day ---baaaddd girl!!! But I don't want diabetes, too, and more weight-related problems, so I'm TRYING to lose!

I just found this site and am looking forward to making some Adult CF friends. I feel like no one around me quite understands but perhaps here I'll find people who do and we can learn from each other.

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom