new recipe suggestion for my 10 months old baby

sweetninis

Hi all

What did u use to give your cf child when he/she was young?

My 10 months old daughter is bored of eating the same rice and lentil puree every day so all cfer's mommies plz suggest me some wholesome and delicious recipes for my cf daughter

Thanks

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
When DS was 6 months old his doctor told us to grind up whatever we were having. At daycare he'd eat tuna casserole, beef stew, fish sticks, mac & cheese, pasta. At home a lot of the time I'd feed him greek/whole milk yogurt, bean soup, chicken ala king... He didn't like ground meat very much and would gag.

sweetninis

Some one told me to give her boiled potatto and the blend it with hand blender so it gets lump free and get digested easily and also blend all fruits available at home and add them in the little ones diet so they get nutrition what do u think

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Some one told me to give her boiled potatto and the blend it with hand blender so it gets lump free and get digested easily and also blend all fruits available at home and add them in the little ones diet so they get nutrition what do u think

I'm sure it would be fine. What does your doctor say?

DS is pancreatic insufficient, so he takes digestive enzymes to help him digest fats and protein. So to help him gain weight, we tried to increase the fat in his diet by adding olive oil, butter to his foods. He also got a lot of cooked strained veggies and pureed fruits. He tended to like sweet potatoes, carrots, squash, peaches, pears...

he likes sweet :)
yougurt and sweet cheese with oatmeal (you can blend it also) and/or kasha
see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farina_(food)
my kids love it still
- like your's tapioca - in preparation, you can add jam - homemade if you like
add some cocnut milk if he likes it
whatever soup you make - you can blend also with the meat
try pumpkin soup also
you can use most spices (not the spice ones :) ) and herbs
egg yolks
you can ex. fry- cook a bit of turkey with patatos, add some cream or egg yolk, season and blend - add water if you must
a good idea is pearl barley if he has no alergies to it - I started early giving this - but you can use other vegetables instead
make sure there are little bits in his food so he starts to learn to munch on this - soft and small

sweetninis

When u blend boiled potat0 in a hand blender it becomes very sticky like similarly if u blend rice you all must have experience it .Does this sticky like would do anything to thicken the mucus? What do u think is it safe to feed cf kid such stickky like diet

the blending makes no difference :)
tehre are some who say milk can make muscus thick but there is no confirmation of this
I'ld say use what she likes :)
our kids should eat healthy, high protein and calorie diet - homemade - not junk food
if you can try to mix in some coconut - coconut oils are different - mtc oils -

you can doo a tunafish sause - fry onions on oil from the tunafish, add sour cream and some garlic - salt - make it more delicut for the baby and serve with small size noodles is she has some teeth
you can make a mix of her favourite vegetables, some portk, boil, add butter and mix - just a bit - so she starts to learn to chew
all soups are a great idea - my younger loves pumpkin soup made with kurkumina and zingiber and apples and butter - mixer
I add some pear barley to it instead of noodles or rice
I have no idea whta you can make and your child likes?

pancakes - with apples also, crepes, eggs on some soft ham and a bit of oil - add a little spoon of milk to it to make the eggs softer
my kids love pancakes :)
any meat in soft sauces with cream na dothers with patatos, rice, barley
soups - esspecially tomato soups :D I guess kids love that all over the world
you can many recepies on the net also
at this age it's most imporatnt the baby eats different things and at least 5 time a day and get enough milk
what would you like esspecially

sweetninis

i take one medium sized apple without surface just the inner part and one orange put them in her rice puree then add one tsp honey then blend it finely and feed her that paste once a day and she eats rice puree rest of the day 2-3 times atleast what do u think about it from nutritional point of u?

rmotion

I'm sure it would be fine. What does your doctor say?

DS is pancreatic insufficient, so he takes digestive enzymes to help him digest fats and protein. So to help him gain weight, we tried to increase the fat in his diet by adding olive oil, butter to his foods. He also got a lot of cooked strained veggies and pureed fruits. He tended to like sweet potatoes, carrots, squash, peaches, pears...

Coconut oil and coconut is full of calories and easy to digest!

Add some coconut oil or milk to the rice while cooking it or a spoon of some other fat or perhaps cream - from cow milk or goat...
rice and friut and honey is not very heay on calories - you must give her something more
in this you can also give her her salt
try maybe changing rice to barley or tapioca or rolled oats - I think your daughter is old enough for oats :D
also try adding some cooked - boiled meat or fish - even with sweet friuts - it will taste well