NEW SALINE TREATMENT

anonymous

Hey I also use the hypertonic saline (those Austrailian surfers are geniuses figuring this out, so simple yet so effective) that stuff is great and to think, its only salt water, to help with the salty problem try putting a piece of hard candy in your mouth when use use it it helps me, maybe it will help you. It also works for other not so good tasting nebulizer treatments

mum2kj

My daughter tried this using the mouth piece, and she got pneumonia from it. Maybe her dose was wrong not sure. We took her off of it and she went without lung infections for a few years.

Do ppl who use it have a mask or a mouth piece? If so which do they think is better?

We are thinking that her chest needs a bit of loosening up and might try it again.

mum2kj

My daughter tried this using the mouth piece, and she got pneumonia from it. Maybe her dose was wrong not sure. We took her off of it and she went without lung infections for a few years.

Do ppl who use it have a mask or a mouth piece? If so which do they think is better?

We are thinking that her chest needs a bit of loosening up and might try it again.

mum2kj

wormsmom

Hello,
I am sure by now your gs is doing the saline. My daughter has been doing it for 1 yr and about 5 months. I can see an increase in the affects of her treatments but her PFT's have not increased. When healthy or fighting infections her PFT's look bad. They did look good after we were in the hospital when she first started on the saline solution. Her FEV1 was up to like 82 but now we are back to 68. I don't know what to do to help improve her numbers. It is like she just has bad technique or something. Anyways good luck with the saline. Hope all is well.

wormsmom

Hello,
I am sure by now your gs is doing the saline. My daughter has been doing it for 1 yr and about 5 months. I can see an increase in the affects of her treatments but her PFT's have not increased. When healthy or fighting infections her PFT's look bad. They did look good after we were in the hospital when she first started on the saline solution. Her FEV1 was up to like 82 but now we are back to 68. I don't know what to do to help improve her numbers. It is like she just has bad technique or something. Anyways good luck with the saline. Hope all is well.

wormsmom

Hello,