New to the website

jaimers

Super Moderator
Hi Elin, welcome to the site. I can't imagine what it's like to be in your situation but since you're living with family right now would any of them be able to watch Casey while you look for jobs? There is no guarantee that Casey will have a really difficult time from the start--I don't know anything about her current health but just having CF doesn't mean she'll always have frequent hospitalizations and always be sick to the point that you cannot work. Yes she'll have some doctors appointments and *may* need frequent hospitalizations etc. but there is no way to know that for sure and others on the site have gone years without needing a tuneup.

I know things are hard right now but I wouldn't assume the worst about Casey's health just yet. I was a nanny for 9 months before I found the job I have now (bank teller) so people do hire nannies!! There are a lot of reputable online job sites that you can post your resume on as well as apply for jobs that are posted so that might be a good place to start. Look into big corporations, banks and large companies because they will *most likely* have pretty good benefit plans.

Glad you found us. don't give up hope!

jaimers

Super Moderator
Hi Elin, welcome to the site. I can't imagine what it's like to be in your situation but since you're living with family right now would any of them be able to watch Casey while you look for jobs? There is no guarantee that Casey will have a really difficult time from the start--I don't know anything about her current health but just having CF doesn't mean she'll always have frequent hospitalizations and always be sick to the point that you cannot work. Yes she'll have some doctors appointments and *may* need frequent hospitalizations etc. but there is no way to know that for sure and others on the site have gone years without needing a tuneup.

I know things are hard right now but I wouldn't assume the worst about Casey's health just yet. I was a nanny for 9 months before I found the job I have now (bank teller) so people do hire nannies!! There are a lot of reputable online job sites that you can post your resume on as well as apply for jobs that are posted so that might be a good place to start. Look into big corporations, banks and large companies because they will *most likely* have pretty good benefit plans.

jaimers

Super Moderator

jaimers

Super Moderator

jaimers

Super Moderator
<br />
<br />I know things are hard right now but I wouldn't assume the worst about Casey's health just yet. I was a nanny for 9 months before I found the job I have now (bank teller) so people do hire nannies!! There are a lot of reputable online job sites that you can post your resume on as well as apply for jobs that are posted so that might be a good place to start. Look into big corporations, banks and large companies because they will *most likely* have pretty good benefit plans.
<br />
<br />Glad you found us. don't give up hope!

mom2caseyafrica

How would I get a job at a bank? Dont you have to have eexperience and special training?
And what would I do with Casey while I work? I cant just leave her with anybody. And if/when she does get sick what am i supposed to do then?

mom2caseyafrica

How would I get a job at a bank? Dont you have to have eexperience and special training?
And what would I do with Casey while I work? I cant just leave her with anybody. And if/when she does get sick what am i supposed to do then?

mom2caseyafrica

mom2caseyafrica

mom2caseyafrica

<br />And what would I do with Casey while I work? I cant just leave her with anybody. And if/when she does get sick what am i supposed to do then?

jaimers

Super Moderator
I had zero training when i applied. they trained me for everything i needed to know. I didn't mean to sound rude or make light of the situation. just trying to help you with some ideas. I don't have answers to your questions. I thought I had read in one of your earlier posts that you were living with family and i didn't know if any of them could watch her while you work--maybe not. when i was born until i was old enough to go to kindergarten I stayed at a home daycare with 4 other kids at a woman's house. maybe something like that could be an option.
just trying to throw out some ideas to try and help you out.

jaimers

Super Moderator
I had zero training when i applied. they trained me for everything i needed to know. I didn't mean to sound rude or make light of the situation. just trying to help you with some ideas. I don't have answers to your questions. I thought I had read in one of your earlier posts that you were living with family and i didn't know if any of them could watch her while you work--maybe not. when i was born until i was old enough to go to kindergarten I stayed at a home daycare with 4 other kids at a woman's house. maybe something like that could be an option.

jaimers

Super Moderator

jaimers

Super Moderator

jaimers

Super Moderator
<br />just trying to throw out some ideas to try and help you out.

mom2caseyafrica

Thank you for your ideas. You were not at all rude. I was just worrying about how i was going to work things out to make ends meet. I really do appreciate everyones helpful ideas and suggestions.

mom2caseyafrica

Thank you for your ideas. You were not at all rude. I was just worrying about how i was going to work things out to make ends meet. I really do appreciate everyones helpful ideas and suggestions.

mom2caseyafrica

mom2caseyafrica

mom2caseyafrica