New to the website

mom2caseyafrica

My name is Elin Parkinson. I am a 20 year old mom of a baby girl who was born 12/30/2009. Her name is Casey. I have been raising her alone because strange circumstances have not allowed for her father and I to be together. Casey and I moved from California to DFW, Texas so that I could work and she can be closer to her father who is in Wichita Falls. A few days after arriving in DFW I lost the job I came out here for and my daughter was diagnosed with CF. I am currently staying with my aunt who lives in the DFW area. I wanted to join this website to find a support system to work through all of this.

mom2caseyafrica

My name is Elin Parkinson. I am a 20 year old mom of a baby girl who was born 12/30/2009. Her name is Casey. I have been raising her alone because strange circumstances have not allowed for her father and I to be together. Casey and I moved from California to DFW, Texas so that I could work and she can be closer to her father who is in Wichita Falls. A few days after arriving in DFW I lost the job I came out here for and my daughter was diagnosed with CF. I am currently staying with my aunt who lives in the DFW area. I wanted to join this website to find a support system to work through all of this.

mom2caseyafrica

mom2caseyafrica

mom2caseyafrica

JORDYSMOM

Hi Elin. Welcome to the site. It sounds like you guys are going through a rough time. I hope that your circumstances change soon, so that you can have more family support.

You will find a lot of information & support here. There is always someone who understands whatever it is you may be going through. I hope you find it as helpful as I have.

If you have any questions, just ask. I look forward to hearing more from you.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Hi Elin. Welcome to the site. It sounds like you guys are going through a rough time. I hope that your circumstances change soon, so that you can have more family support.

You will find a lot of information & support here. There is always someone who understands whatever it is you may be going through. I hope you find it as helpful as I have.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

<br />
<br />You will find a lot of information & support here. There is always someone who understands whatever it is you may be going through. I hope you find it as helpful as I have.
<br />
<br />If you have any questions, just ask. I look forward to hearing more from you.
<br />
<br />Stacey

M

Mommafirst

WNew to the website

Welcome to the place you never thought you'd want or need and will now see as a bit of a lifeline. I'm so sorry for all you are dealing with. Diagnosis is a very difficult time, even when the rest of your life is going along as planned, so to be dealing with it at a time of life craziness must be sooo much worse.

Hang in there. I promise it does get easier over time to manage.

M

Mommafirst

WNew to the website

Welcome to the place you never thought you'd want or need and will now see as a bit of a lifeline. I'm so sorry for all you are dealing with. Diagnosis is a very difficult time, even when the rest of your life is going along as planned, so to be dealing with it at a time of life craziness must be sooo much worse.

M

Mommafirst

WNew to the website

M

Mommafirst

WNew to the website

M

Mommafirst

WNew to the website

<br />
<br />Hang in there. I promise it does get easier over time to manage.

mom2caseyafrica

I dont really know what im supposed to do now. I can deal with the diagnosis of CF. Some days its harder than others. But I know a lot about the disease. I studied it in school. I know what to do and what to expect as far as that goes. But I am here in Texas now with no money and no job. I am a nanny and it took me 5 months to find this job that I just lost. I doubt that anyone would want to hire a nanny with a sick baby. And I dont see how I would be able to hold a job when I will have to spend so much time at drs appointments and frequent hospitalizations. I am working on getting medicaid and wic. But I'm not sure if I qould be able to get anything else like TANIF or SSI so that I can stay home and care for her. I would also love for her father to be able to be with us. However, my aunt will not allow him to live with us in her home. He has been looking for work with no luck.
All of these things I could deal with seperately, but everything has just piled up and I feel so helpless. I dont know what to do about anything anymore. I get frustrated over the stupidest things these days, like spilling water. Or I just snap at people (mainly my daughters father) when they say or do something that irritates me. I feel bad for the people that have to be around me. =/

mom2caseyafrica

I dont really know what im supposed to do now. I can deal with the diagnosis of CF. Some days its harder than others. But I know a lot about the disease. I studied it in school. I know what to do and what to expect as far as that goes. But I am here in Texas now with no money and no job. I am a nanny and it took me 5 months to find this job that I just lost. I doubt that anyone would want to hire a nanny with a sick baby. And I dont see how I would be able to hold a job when I will have to spend so much time at drs appointments and frequent hospitalizations. I am working on getting medicaid and wic. But I'm not sure if I qould be able to get anything else like TANIF or SSI so that I can stay home and care for her. I would also love for her father to be able to be with us. However, my aunt will not allow him to live with us in her home. He has been looking for work with no luck.
All of these things I could deal with seperately, but everything has just piled up and I feel so helpless. I dont know what to do about anything anymore. I get frustrated over the stupidest things these days, like spilling water. Or I just snap at people (mainly my daughters father) when they say or do something that irritates me. I feel bad for the people that have to be around me. =/

mom2caseyafrica

mom2caseyafrica

mom2caseyafrica

<br />All of these things I could deal with seperately, but everything has just piled up and I feel so helpless. I dont know what to do about anything anymore. I get frustrated over the stupidest things these days, like spilling water. Or I just snap at people (mainly my daughters father) when they say or do something that irritates me. I feel bad for the people that have to be around me. =/