NG Tube Trouble

chris27rocker

I'm in the hospital for pneumonia, waiting for transplant. I had an NG tube placed Friday, but it hurt my throat like crazy. Then early Saturday morning I gave one solid cough, and it came out. The thing was still secured in my nose, and a loop of it was sticking out my mouth. I got another one today (Monday) but wondering if anyone else has had this and has any advice for keeping this one in???

kyeev

I'm in the hospital for pneumonia, waiting for transplant. I had an NG tube placed Friday, but it hurt my throat like crazy. Then early Saturday morning I gave one solid cough, and it came out. The thing was still secured in my nose, and a loop of it was sticking out my mouth. I got another one today (Monday) but wondering if anyone else has had this and has any advice for keeping this one in???

Exact same thing happened to me.
I had a bowel blockage and I found the NG tube so uncomfortable that I actually puked it up.
Yep, loop out my nose, loop out my mouth. And some junk from my stomach all mixed in.
I was not a happy bunny.
I nearly cried when the nurse said it had to go back in.
But, like everything with CF, I learned to live with it for 2 weeks til my bowel cleared.
Doing physio was the weirdest part and feeling that tube down your throat every time you swallow.
Ugh. I don't envy you.
Good luck with it all.