night sweats

KMV77

I searched and read a lot of posts on this but I have been having them for about 2 weeks now. Going through 2 sets of clothes a night. My wife and kids had a stomach flu last week then I got it. I don't have any symptoms anymore (vomiting etc). Just these night sweats. I don't feel sick, as I am pretty clear and my peak flows are around normal, and my o2 sat is 97 as of last night. I usually get them once a year but this time they are beating me up. I've been drinking gatorade and trying to eat. Any thoughts or suggestions. The Dr thinks its still the effects from the flu bug, shich I assume is a virus or it woulda been gone.
Kevin

KMV77

I searched and read a lot of posts on this but I have been having them for about 2 weeks now. Going through 2 sets of clothes a night. My wife and kids had a stomach flu last week then I got it. I don't have any symptoms anymore (vomiting etc). Just these night sweats. I don't feel sick, as I am pretty clear and my peak flows are around normal, and my o2 sat is 97 as of last night. I usually get them once a year but this time they are beating me up. I've been drinking gatorade and trying to eat. Any thoughts or suggestions. The Dr thinks its still the effects from the flu bug, shich I assume is a virus or it woulda been gone.
Kevin

KMV77

Kevin

JazzysMom

Are you running any type of fever? I have only had nite sweats when on Prednisone (that was the worst because it couldnt be controlled) when running a fever (didnt happen if fever was controlled) & when my bloog sugars drop drastically. Its a royal pain.....keep hydrated & keep an eye on things. Hope it passes quickly.

JazzysMom

Are you running any type of fever? I have only had nite sweats when on Prednisone (that was the worst because it couldnt be controlled) when running a fever (didnt happen if fever was controlled) & when my bloog sugars drop drastically. Its a royal pain.....keep hydrated & keep an eye on things. Hope it passes quickly.

JazzysMom

beleache

Hi Kevin, I usually get night sweats when i have pneumonia. (not counting going through my changes, i don't think that's your case though, lol) i hope it's just the end of the bug you had, stay well and God Bless..... Joni 55 y/o f w c/f

beleache

Hi Kevin, I usually get night sweats when i have pneumonia. (not counting going through my changes, i don't think that's your case though, lol) i hope it's just the end of the bug you had, stay well and God Bless..... Joni 55 y/o f w c/f

beleache

KMV77

I'm running a fever when the sweats occur. I have only ever had pneumonia once and I don't remember it feeling like this. Right now I feel pretty good, maybe its just the ibuprofen. I am on Tobi, zithromax every other day, and my dr just added bactrim ds twice a day. Hopefully on of them will start kicking in soon or my body will get rid of this bug.
Kevin

KMV77

I'm running a fever when the sweats occur. I have only ever had pneumonia once and I don't remember it feeling like this. Right now I feel pretty good, maybe its just the ibuprofen. I am on Tobi, zithromax every other day, and my dr just added bactrim ds twice a day. Hopefully on of them will start kicking in soon or my body will get rid of this bug.
Kevin

KMV77

Kevin

65rosessamurai

I'm not on prednisone, and have had occasional night sweats since I caught a cold in the beginning of December. I don't seem to soak myself, pajamas and bed as bad as before, but I get pretty damp! Had one last night, and often feel icky in the morning. I think it's the body showing an indication that there is a bug, and most bugs don't survive a particularly high temperature, so that's what the body's defense does about it. Taking enough liquids and minerals to replace what was lost from the sweat is a good idea.

65rosessamurai

I'm not on prednisone, and have had occasional night sweats since I caught a cold in the beginning of December. I don't seem to soak myself, pajamas and bed as bad as before, but I get pretty damp! Had one last night, and often feel icky in the morning. I think it's the body showing an indication that there is a bug, and most bugs don't survive a particularly high temperature, so that's what the body's defense does about it. Taking enough liquids and minerals to replace what was lost from the sweat is a good idea.

65rosessamurai

katyf13

Mike has had night sweats this winter too. Also had to change a couple of times a night. He decided it was probably a sugar thing. HAve you tried eating when it happens? He hasn't had them in a while now.

katyf13

Mike has had night sweats this winter too. Also had to change a couple of times a night. He decided it was probably a sugar thing. HAve you tried eating when it happens? He hasn't had them in a while now.