night time oxygen

detroitislove

hey all,

I am thinking about asking my doc about getting some oxygen at night, but i am a little nervous. my pfts are good, and my o2 stats are usually in the mid-high 90s when i'm sitting, or standing, but drop to the 89-91 range when i am laying down or sleeping (this is based off of my observations when i am in the hospital and on the stat monitor). However i have a hard time at night. i breath really heavily and often feel out of breath just laying in my bed. i've tried using a billion pillows to prop myself up but it's just not working...

for anyone on o2 at night, what are your pfts/o2 stats and how did it come about? did your doctor approach you or did you ask for it?

much love
m

detroitislove

hey all,

I am thinking about asking my doc about getting some oxygen at night, but i am a little nervous. my pfts are good, and my o2 stats are usually in the mid-high 90s when i'm sitting, or standing, but drop to the 89-91 range when i am laying down or sleeping (this is based off of my observations when i am in the hospital and on the stat monitor). However i have a hard time at night. i breath really heavily and often feel out of breath just laying in my bed. i've tried using a billion pillows to prop myself up but it's just not working...

for anyone on o2 at night, what are your pfts/o2 stats and how did it come about? did your doctor approach you or did you ask for it?

much love
m

detroitislove

hey all,

much love
m

i'm on oxygen at night, been doing it for about 4-5 months now after not needing it for 28 years(dr. wanted me on it). i was a little nervous about going on it, i was thinking "this is the beginning of the end", but it wasn't. <i>i'm doing better now </i>than when i went on the oxygen. my 02 stats were about like yours 87-90 when i would sleep, but my pft's are high 30s. try not to worry. the oxygen will help you sleep better and feel better when you wake up. hope this helps.

i'm on oxygen at night, been doing it for about 4-5 months now after not needing it for 28 years(dr. wanted me on it). i was a little nervous about going on it, i was thinking "this is the beginning of the end", but it wasn't. <i>i'm doing better now </i>than when i went on the oxygen. my 02 stats were about like yours 87-90 when i would sleep, but my pft's are high 30s. try not to worry. the oxygen will help you sleep better and feel better when you wake up. hope this helps.

L

luke

Maggie,

Maybe you should have a sleep study to make sure O2 is the right treatment for you. There are all kinds of sleep disorders and O2 isn't always the correct treatment. As for the O2, I really think that is would help in the long run.

L

luke

Maggie,

Maybe you should have a sleep study to make sure O2 is the right treatment for you. There are all kinds of sleep disorders and O2 isn't always the correct treatment. As for the O2, I really think that is would help in the long run.

L

luke

Maggie,

jfarel

mid 90's when standing and below 90 laying down sounds a bit odd to me. I don't feel any different lying down. I actually feel about the same. Last time I checked my 02 was 91-93 range.

John

jfarel

mid 90's when standing and below 90 laying down sounds a bit odd to me. I don't feel any different lying down. I actually feel about the same. Last time I checked my 02 was 91-93 range.

John

jfarel

John

JazzysMom

My doctor wanted me on O2 when my sat are below 94 whether its from sleep, activity or room air at rest. Moreso at sleep so there is no struggle while my body tries to recouperate!

JazzysMom

My doctor wanted me on O2 when my sat are below 94 whether its from sleep, activity or room air at rest. Moreso at sleep so there is no struggle while my body tries to recouperate!

JazzysMom