Nissen Fundoplication Questions

rcq925

My daughter Hayley, had a Nissen at 3 months old. Hers is an open Nissen and h er doctor has done thousands of them and prefers the open Nissen. I personally would listen to the doctor on which type of procedure is best for your child, they have performed hundreds and should know which is best.

Anyway, Hayley will be four in about 2 weeks and has not had any problems with her Nissen. SHe was aspirating into her lungs and actually stopped breathing, so the Nissen was literally a lifesaver for her! We did not know she had CF until after the Nissen and her respiratory issues conitnued!

Feel free to PM me or e-mail me at Quaintancer15@verizon.net if you have any more specific questions!

rcq925

My daughter Hayley, had a Nissen at 3 months old. Hers is an open Nissen and h er doctor has done thousands of them and prefers the open Nissen. I personally would listen to the doctor on which type of procedure is best for your child, they have performed hundreds and should know which is best.

Anyway, Hayley will be four in about 2 weeks and has not had any problems with her Nissen. SHe was aspirating into her lungs and actually stopped breathing, so the Nissen was literally a lifesaver for her! We did not know she had CF until after the Nissen and her respiratory issues conitnued!

Feel free to PM me or e-mail me at Quaintancer15@verizon.net if you have any more specific questions!

rcq925

rcq925

rcq925

B

Beaz

That's a coincidence as my son's Nissan was done at CHOP, but about 8 years ago and the Dr that did it is gone now. I would imagine that the surgeons there are quite good (Dr Nance maybe?). Do you go to the CF clinic there?

B

Beaz

That's a coincidence as my son's Nissan was done at CHOP, but about 8 years ago and the Dr that did it is gone now. I would imagine that the surgeons there are quite good (Dr Nance maybe?). Do you go to the CF clinic there?

B

Beaz

B

Beaz

B

Beaz

Kerryann

No- we go to the CF Center at Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch. The surgeon there only knows the open method-We are hoping to meet with Dr Nance or a member of his/her team by the end of this week.

Kerryann

No- we go to the CF Center at Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch. The surgeon there only knows the open method-We are hoping to meet with Dr Nance or a member of his/her team by the end of this week.

Kerryann

Kerryann

Kerryann

yellowsmom

My 4 year old has had two. The first at about 6 months and the second 4 months later. I would do it all over again. We no longer have the lung issues that we had before due to the aspiration. She had very little pain, and was up playing a few hrs after the second one. As to why we had to have a second one, they could never really figure that one out, it just happend i guess.

yellowsmom

My 4 year old has had two. The first at about 6 months and the second 4 months later. I would do it all over again. We no longer have the lung issues that we had before due to the aspiration. She had very little pain, and was up playing a few hrs after the second one. As to why we had to have a second one, they could never really figure that one out, it just happend i guess.

yellowsmom

yellowsmom

yellowsmom