"Normal" sweat test

sslondon

"Normal

Thanks Sandy - we hadn't come across this study yet. This forum is wonderful as my wife and I just recently discovered it.

While obviously we hope Cole doesn't have any forms of CF, there is so much information shared here that you don't get elsewhere...Hopefully we'll know one way or the other soon - our challenge is getting the panel ordered. We're having a tough time understanding why they (other than cost) won't just run the genetic test. From the study you referenced and Steven's (Ambry) thoughts on the sweat test scores and persistent symptoms, we're even more perplexed why we are having to fight for this.

Thanks Again
-Steve

Dad to Menley, Katia and Cole

sslondon

"Normal

Thanks Sandy - we hadn't come across this study yet. This forum is wonderful as my wife and I just recently discovered it.

While obviously we hope Cole doesn't have any forms of CF, there is so much information shared here that you don't get elsewhere...Hopefully we'll know one way or the other soon - our challenge is getting the panel ordered. We're having a tough time understanding why they (other than cost) won't just run the genetic test. From the study you referenced and Steven's (Ambry) thoughts on the sweat test scores and persistent symptoms, we're even more perplexed why we are having to fight for this.

Thanks Again
-Steve

sslondon

"Normal

Thanks Again
-Steve

sslondon

"Normal

Thanks Again
-Steve

sslondon

"Normal

<br />
<br />While obviously we hope Cole doesn't have any forms of CF, there is so much information shared here that you don't get elsewhere...Hopefully we'll know one way or the other soon - our challenge is getting the panel ordered. We're having a tough time understanding why they (other than cost) won't just run the genetic test. From the study you referenced and Steven's (Ambry) thoughts on the sweat test scores and persistent symptoms, we're even more perplexed why we are having to fight for this.
<br />
<br />Thanks Again
<br />-Steve
<br />
<br />Dad to Menley, Katia and Cole

Alyssa

"Normal

keep fighting... all it takes is the right doctor to order the test.

I know I have seen a few people on the boards here who are in the single digit numbers for sweat tests and found two genes. My kids test out at 38 and 41 with two genes...

keep pushing for full genetic testing.

Alyssa

"Normal

I know I have seen a few people on the boards here who are in the single digit numbers for sweat tests and found two genes. My kids test out at 38 and 41 with two genes...

Alyssa

"Normal

Alyssa

"Normal

Alyssa

"Normal

<br />
<br />I know I have seen a few people on the boards here who are in the single digit numbers for sweat tests and found two genes. My kids test out at 38 and 41 with two genes...
<br />
<br />keep pushing for full genetic testing.

CatesMom

"Normal

My daughter's tests were 41 and 18. The 18 was just yesterday. She hasn't had the Ambry Amplified yet. We're going to see a pulmonologist on Tuesday and hopefully have that done. I'll let you know if she is positive for CF. I can say from looking on the forum that there are quite a few people with "normal" sweat test results that do have CF. If your child has symptoms, push for full testing. That's what I'm doing.
Barbara
Mom to Cate 04-10-07 (possible CF) and Will 08-30-04 (PDD and epilepsy)

CatesMom

"Normal

My daughter's tests were 41 and 18. The 18 was just yesterday. She hasn't had the Ambry Amplified yet. We're going to see a pulmonologist on Tuesday and hopefully have that done. I'll let you know if she is positive for CF. I can say from looking on the forum that there are quite a few people with "normal" sweat test results that do have CF. If your child has symptoms, push for full testing. That's what I'm doing.
Barbara

CatesMom

"Normal

Barbara

CatesMom

"Normal

Barbara

CatesMom

"Normal

<br />Barbara
<br />Mom to Cate 04-10-07 (possible CF) and Will 08-30-04 (PDD and epilepsy)