North Carolina Healthcare... again

Lance2020x

Alright. Hello everybody, been awhile, it's been a CRAZY past 6 months for me.
I won't go into the whole story, so here's a very brief summary:
I'm currently on my way to Nashville, I have a huge opportunity in the Franklin area that will run until the 17th. I have found a perfect living situation in the area, but most of the professionals in my field are telling me that I should go to Wilmington, NC (I asked about the area before, but it's more serious now).
I'm really torn between staying in Nashville for six months or so, or going to NC straight after this opportunity ends.

SO, my question is, what is the healthcare like there for CFers? I've been having all sorts of problems here in Tennessee, but it seems I'm just now working something out that should sit well for a while if I stay here, but I'm not allowed to leave the state for more than a month or I lose all of it and have to re navigate the red tape.
Therefore, if I did go to NC I couldn't "Be a student", I would need to work something else out.

Jaimers I know you live in NC, I'm sure there are others. If anybody has any numbers of people, healthcare programs, etc. I could call that would help me out. I called the Medicaid line and it said "You are caller #17" and I just don't have the time right now to wait on the phone, so I figured I'd check with ya'll.

Thanks so much for you're time, things are pretty frantic right now but I'm trying to think ahead :p

Lance2020x

I'm currently on my way to Nashville, I have a huge opportunity in the Franklin area that will run until the 17th. I have found a perfect living situation in the area, but most of the professionals in my field are telling me that I should go to Wilmington, NC (I asked about the area before, but it's more serious now).
I'm really torn between staying in Nashville for six months or so, or going to NC straight after this opportunity ends.

SO, my question is, what is the healthcare like there for CFers? I've been having all sorts of problems here in Tennessee, but it seems I'm just now working something out that should sit well for a while if I stay here, but I'm not allowed to leave the state for more than a month or I lose all of it and have to re navigate the red tape.
Therefore, if I did go to NC I couldn't "Be a student", I would need to work something else out.

Jaimers I know you live in NC, I'm sure there are others. If anybody has any numbers of people, healthcare programs, etc. I could call that would help me out. I called the Medicaid line and it said "You are caller #17" and I just don't have the time right now to wait on the phone, so I figured I'd check with ya'll.

Thanks so much for you're time, things are pretty frantic right now but I'm trying to think ahead :p

Lance2020x

Lance2020x

Lance2020x

<br />I won't go into the whole story, so here's a very brief summary:
<br />I'm currently on my way to Nashville, I have a huge opportunity in the Franklin area that will run until the 17th. I have found a perfect living situation in the area, but most of the professionals in my field are telling me that I should go to Wilmington, NC (I asked about the area before, but it's more serious now).
<br />I'm really torn between staying in Nashville for six months or so, or going to NC straight after this opportunity ends.
<br />
<br />SO, my question is, what is the healthcare like there for CFers? I've been having all sorts of problems here in Tennessee, but it seems I'm just now working something out that should sit well for a while if I stay here, but I'm not allowed to leave the state for more than a month or I lose all of it and have to re navigate the red tape.
<br />Therefore, if I did go to NC I couldn't "Be a student", I would need to work something else out.
<br />
<br />Jaimers I know you live in NC, I'm sure there are others. If anybody has any numbers of people, healthcare programs, etc. I could call that would help me out. I called the Medicaid line and it said "You are caller #17" and I just don't have the time right now to wait on the phone, so I figured I'd check with ya'll.
<br />
<br />Thanks so much for you're time, things are pretty frantic right now but I'm trying to think ahead :p
<br />

dbtoo

Blake, good to hear from you!

I'm told UNC is the place! There are a couple of good CF centers in NC. Is that were Duke is?

Good luck, hope things go well with the jobs!

dbtoo

I'm told UNC is the place! There are a couple of good CF centers in NC. Is that were Duke is?

dbtoo

dbtoo

dbtoo

<br />
<br />I'm told UNC is the place! There are a couple of good CF centers in NC. Is that were Duke is?
<br />
<br />Good luck, hope things go well with the jobs!

lmattaway

Though I have no experience at either, I have heard that both Duke and UNC (chapel hill) are both good adult clinics.

lmattaway

Though I have no experience at either, I have heard that both Duke and UNC (chapel hill) are both good adult clinics.

lmattaway

lmattaway

lmattaway

jaimers

Super Moderator
hey lance, glad to hear things are working out right now! TN is beautiful....
anyway, i don't know of who to get you in touch with right off the top of my head-i can get you in touch with the social worker at my clinic at unc or the cf nurse there but i'm not sure exactly what your questions are so maybe pm me with some of the questions you have if you don't want to post them here and maybe i can figure out where/who to get you in touch with? sorry thats not more helpful right up front!

jaimers

Super Moderator
anyway, i don't know of who to get you in touch with right off the top of my head-i can get you in touch with the social worker at my clinic at unc or the cf nurse there but i'm not sure exactly what your questions are so maybe pm me with some of the questions you have if you don't want to post them here and maybe i can figure out where/who to get you in touch with? sorry thats not more helpful right up front!

jaimers

Super Moderator

jaimers

Super Moderator

jaimers

Super Moderator
<br />anyway, i don't know of who to get you in touch with right off the top of my head-i can get you in touch with the social worker at my clinic at unc or the cf nurse there but i'm not sure exactly what your questions are so maybe pm me with some of the questions you have if you don't want to post them here and maybe i can figure out where/who to get you in touch with? sorry thats not more helpful right up front!