Not diagnosed or been to the doctor, just need advice

Kalebh91

Ok so hello to everyone on here, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to see if i could get some advice from here.<br>I'm 20 year old guy, and I've recently started noticing some abnormal things going on with my body. After researching various symptoms I've been having, I came across CF. I had never even heard of it before...but to my surprise when i started reading through the signs and symptoms of it, it began to sound more and more like exactly what I had been experiencing. Even somethings that I brushed off and thought nothing about growing up. Small signs here and there.<br>(sorry if this gets graphic, I just need some good advice)<br>Lately I've had a very thick clear jelly like mucus STUCK in the back of my throat. Usually it gets worse when i lay down or try to sleep...to the point where I end up staying up for hours on end because it feels like i need to clear my throat or hack something up but can't. It's very frustrating and recently it's been happening more often. I used to have it happen growing up but more like once a week, or sometimes a few weeks would go by and iwouldn'thave any problems, just assumed it was allergies. I blew some of the mucus out of my nose and it was the thickest gunk I had ever seen. It was completely clear and had the consistency of almost grape jelly but stickier. (sorry, gross I know).This is what really made me start researching.After finding some info on CF and began reading the symptoms that's when i starting piecing together the puzzle. I have fractured both of my ankles playing sports growing up, 3 times on my left ankle and twice on my right...I read that people who have CF can't absorb vitamins very well and that makes them moresusceptible to fractures. Also this past summer a few things happened, like when I would get done working out and sweating I will have visible salt deposits all over my face...like so much that you can sprinkle it like table salt. I also had a weird incident where one of my fingers randomly swelled up on the tip and was really tender and a toe too at that same time, at the time I just figured I smashed my finger at work and didn't realize it when i did it. I've always has really bad sinus headaches throughout my life too, which i assumed was due to allergies. I've had strep throat a good number of times when I was little, if i would have gotten it one more time the tonsils would have had to come out, but thankfully i never had it since, knock on wood...I've also had my fair share of ear infections growing up. And I get really bad canker sores in my mouth all the time...they are very painful, I don't know if that is a symptom of CF or not...but i know it has to do with vitamin deficiency and if i do have CF my body can't absorb vitamins so that could maybe explain that. I also have really bad gas constantly and occasionally get really sharp stomach pains. I have noticed some nasty gunk in my stool and I havehemorrhoidstoo (embarrassing) which I thought were from lifting weights. Sometimes it is hard for to have a BM and I have to strain. Oh and when i was a newborn I had pneumonia but have never had it since then. I can also eat like a horse, especially when I was involved in more sports in high school and working out hard 6 days a week pretty much all year round. But then other times I won't eat all day and have very little appetite. This is the first year since 3rd grade for me that I haven't been involved in sports...anyone think that's why the symptoms have recently gotten worse and morenoticeable.<br>Also another thing that scares me...I know if i have CF then my little sister (17 years old) has a good chance of having it as well. She has recently been havingreoccurringbronchitis and has been diagnosed with asthma since she was 5...which points more and more towards CF.<br>I plan on going to the doctor this coming week and getting a sweat test or whatever they do. I'm gonna take my little sister with me to get a test too.<br>Now I know there's no way of telling for sure until I get to the doctor, but what do you think? With all these symptoms and stuff. ANY advice is welcome. Thank you for reading.

Kalebh91

Ok so hello to everyone on here, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to see if i could get some advice from here.<br>I'm 20 year old guy, and I've recently started noticing some abnormal things going on with my body. After researching various symptoms I've been having, I came across CF. I had never even heard of it before...but to my surprise when i started reading through the signs and symptoms of it, it began to sound more and more like exactly what I had been experiencing. Even somethings that I brushed off and thought nothing about growing up. Small signs here and there.<br>(sorry if this gets graphic, I just need some good advice)<br>Lately I've had a very thick clear jelly like mucus STUCK in the back of my throat. Usually it gets worse when i lay down or try to sleep...to the point where I end up staying up for hours on end because it feels like i need to clear my throat or hack something up but can't. It's very frustrating and recently it's been happening more often. I used to have it happen growing up but more like once a week, or sometimes a few weeks would go by and iwouldn'thave any problems, just assumed it was allergies. I blew some of the mucus out of my nose and it was the thickest gunk I had ever seen. It was completely clear and had the consistency of almost grape jelly but stickier. (sorry, gross I know).This is what really made me start researching.After finding some info on CF and began reading the symptoms that's when i starting piecing together the puzzle. I have fractured both of my ankles playing sports growing up, 3 times on my left ankle and twice on my right...I read that people who have CF can't absorb vitamins very well and that makes them moresusceptible to fractures. Also this past summer a few things happened, like when I would get done working out and sweating I will have visible salt deposits all over my face...like so much that you can sprinkle it like table salt. I also had a weird incident where one of my fingers randomly swelled up on the tip and was really tender and a toe too at that same time, at the time I just figured I smashed my finger at work and didn't realize it when i did it. I've always has really bad sinus headaches throughout my life too, which i assumed was due to allergies. I've had strep throat a good number of times when I was little, if i would have gotten it one more time the tonsils would have had to come out, but thankfully i never had it since, knock on wood...I've also had my fair share of ear infections growing up. And I get really bad canker sores in my mouth all the time...they are very painful, I don't know if that is a symptom of CF or not...but i know it has to do with vitamin deficiency and if i do have CF my body can't absorb vitamins so that could maybe explain that. I also have really bad gas constantly and occasionally get really sharp stomach pains. I have noticed some nasty gunk in my stool and I havehemorrhoidstoo (embarrassing) which I thought were from lifting weights. Sometimes it is hard for to have a BM and I have to strain. Oh and when i was a newborn I had pneumonia but have never had it since then. I can also eat like a horse, especially when I was involved in more sports in high school and working out hard 6 days a week pretty much all year round. But then other times I won't eat all day and have very little appetite. This is the first year since 3rd grade for me that I haven't been involved in sports...anyone think that's why the symptoms have recently gotten worse and morenoticeable.<br>Also another thing that scares me...I know if i have CF then my little sister (17 years old) has a good chance of having it as well. She has recently been havingreoccurringbronchitis and has been diagnosed with asthma since she was 5...which points more and more towards CF.<br>I plan on going to the doctor this coming week and getting a sweat test or whatever they do. I'm gonna take my little sister with me to get a test too.<br>Now I know there's no way of telling for sure until I get to the doctor, but what do you think? With all these symptoms and stuff. ANY advice is welcome. Thank you for reading.

Kalebh91

musclemania70

<P>I read your post. It does sound suspicious but there is no way to know for sure until you get tested. Those could be symptoms of other things but it could be CF. You should start treatments right away if you test positive and you may even start feeling better withthe drugs.</P>
<P>Otherwise, I am not a doc and cannot diagnose your ailments. Sorry. Hope you get professional medical advice and getsome answers soon.</P>

musclemania70

<P>I read your post. It does sound suspicious but there is no way to know for sure until you get tested. Those could be symptoms of other things but it could be CF. You should start treatments right away if you test positive and you may even start feeling better withthe drugs.</P>
<P>Otherwise, I am not a doc and cannot diagnose your ailments. Sorry. Hope you get professional medical advice and getsome answers soon.</P>

musclemania70

CFtori

If you want my opinion, I REALLY do not think you have CF. The swollen fingers have nothing to do with CF. If you are thinking that that is what clubbing is you are wrong. It is a good idea to get a sweat test done just to be safe though. I'm just positive that you don't have CF. People with CF usually only have thick GREEN mucus; not clear. The sore throat, ear infections, and canker sores also have nothing to do with CF. CF doesn't cause any of that. The strained bowel movements do not represent CF either. If you had the Delta F 508 gene, you would be having oily diarrhea on every BM, you would not be constipated. Before I was diagnosed, I was NEVER constipated. I had diarrhea all the time and once I was put on enzymes I was THEN constipated. You never mentioned being unrealistically skinny or having many lung problems (other than the pnuemonia as an infant) So it's a good bet that you don't have CF. If you want to be sure, it wouldn't hurt to go get that test done though.

CFtori

If you want my opinion, I REALLY do not think you have CF. The swollen fingers have nothing to do with CF. If you are thinking that that is what clubbing is you are wrong. It is a good idea to get a sweat test done just to be safe though. I'm just positive that you don't have CF. People with CF usually only have thick GREEN mucus; not clear. The sore throat, ear infections, and canker sores also have nothing to do with CF. CF doesn't cause any of that. The strained bowel movements do not represent CF either. If you had the Delta F 508 gene, you would be having oily diarrhea on every BM, you would not be constipated. Before I was diagnosed, I was NEVER constipated. I had diarrhea all the time and once I was put on enzymes I was THEN constipated. You never mentioned being unrealistically skinny or having many lung problems (other than the pnuemonia as an infant) So it's a good bet that you don't have CF. If you want to be sure, it wouldn't hurt to go get that test done though.

CFtori

CFtori

CFtori

CFtori

CFtori

CFtori

CFtori

CFtori

CFtori