Not sure if this is off topic...

fugikitten2087

I'm not sure if this a CF thing or not. I had a peirod alittle over a week ago, and now I have brown spotting, do any of you know why? As most of you know I dont have my mom around to ask and all my Dr.'s are male so I'm hopping one of you can help me. Thanks

coltsfan715

Are you on any type of Birth Control? I get this more frequently now than I have in the past, but I notice it is at its worst if I am any type of irregular with my BC. Just a thought. I used to be on a pill (miracette I think is how you spell it) and if I was late with a pill I would have light spotting/bleeding for a day or so. Now I am on the Ortho Evra patch and have noticed that I get this brownish/reddish discharge for no real reason.

Maybe you could ask your GYN about it. I know everytime I mention it to mine she says it is probably because I have been on BC for so long that the lining of my cervix is thin and tends to shed more often. Hence the occasional spotting.

Hope that helps but no you are not alone. I have been getting this alot lately and even asked my GYN about it last month when I went for my annual and she had no real answer for me. Other than the ones she has given in the past. Maybe it is a side effect of the patch who knows.

Lindsey

Scarlett81

Tons of women-without Cf-get brownish spotting. It can happen before you are due for your period-and in that case it is just light bleeding from the uterus mixed with your regular vaginal body fluids that you make all the time-so those 2 fluids mixed would make the discharge seem brown.
The other explanation if its happening after your period, or around the time of ovulation, it is just your uterus 'cleaning' out itself, and that cleaning out can be a bloody discharge, a yellow discharge, ect. But if its brown its just old blood.

Wow! You can really tell I'm preparing for pregnancy-i'm up on all my 'female' issues!! LOL

Don't worry about it babe! If you aren't regular with your periods or your ovulation-then going to the Gyn wouldn't hurt. Just to see how things are. Other than that-my OBGYN says to always remember that we women are all different in our cycles. Unfortunately, we're taught that our periods and stuff should all be the same, but its often not. Typical women ovulate around day 14 of their cycle-I ovulate on day 17. Every month. There's nothing wrong with me!-I guess I'm jsut different.

blindhearted

I was told from my gyno that if you have brownish spotting after your period that is old blood getting out of your system. Due to CFers having thick mucus that it takes a little longer than most women to get flushed out. It can happen when you are regular or irregular, on BC pills or not. It is something that can be a regular occurance, but nothing that is wrong or dangerous.