Not sure what to do

Diane

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>Anonymous</b></i><br>Oh Caitlin,

Im sorry this is happening to you. Cepacia has a way of creeping up on you and making you feel so crappy and fevers are their favorite way to do it. It sounds like cepacia is wrapping its arms around you and getting you in its grip. Liquids are so important for you right now. I notice any time i get sick i get scared and stressed. I live alone also which you already know, and it can be scary. The fact that you and your bf have broken up recently doesnt help with your stress level also. Have you ever done iv's at home? When i start feeling the way you have been feeling i usually have to go on asn iv, and i always do them at home. Once you do them at home you wont want to ever have to go in the hospital for them again, unless of coarse you are uncomfortable doing them at home on your own. They do send out nurses to show you everything and help you and also do dressing changes and all that goes with it. Im going to email you and send you my phone #, you can so call me if you just need someone to talk to and help you thru this...............<hr></blockquote> OOPS...... that was me, I forgot to long in

Diane

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>Anonymous</b></i><br>Oh Caitlin,

Im sorry this is happening to you. Cepacia has a way of creeping up on you and making you feel so crappy and fevers are their favorite way to do it. It sounds like cepacia is wrapping its arms around you and getting you in its grip. Liquids are so important for you right now. I notice any time i get sick i get scared and stressed. I live alone also which you already know, and it can be scary. The fact that you and your bf have broken up recently doesnt help with your stress level also. Have you ever done iv's at home? When i start feeling the way you have been feeling i usually have to go on asn iv, and i always do them at home. Once you do them at home you wont want to ever have to go in the hospital for them again, unless of coarse you are uncomfortable doing them at home on your own. They do send out nurses to show you everything and help you and also do dressing changes and all that goes with it. Im going to email you and send you my phone #, you can so call me if you just need someone to talk to and help you thru this...............<hr></blockquote> OOPS...... that was me, I forgot to long in

thelizardqueen

I think a lot of us with CF are so used to being sick and having things go wrong with us, that we become somewhat hypocondriacts. We'll think that something is so wrong, and over analyze even if its really nothing. That being said, if you feel in your gut that there is something wrong with you, it doesn't hurt to go to hospital. Better to be safe then sorry. Try increasing your physio to cough all that bad stuff out, maybe talk to your doc about changing your prescription. Take a deep breath, try to distract yourself. I'm sure things will get better. Fingers crossed.

thelizardqueen

I think a lot of us with CF are so used to being sick and having things go wrong with us, that we become somewhat hypocondriacts. We'll think that something is so wrong, and over analyze even if its really nothing. That being said, if you feel in your gut that there is something wrong with you, it doesn't hurt to go to hospital. Better to be safe then sorry. Try increasing your physio to cough all that bad stuff out, maybe talk to your doc about changing your prescription. Take a deep breath, try to distract yourself. I'm sure things will get better. Fingers crossed.

anonymous

Hi everyone

I felt so bad that I couldnt respond to my desperate and sad post, but I ended up going into the doctors that morning, and being admitted that afternoon. I think it was for the best. I totally agree about the extra treatments, but what was scary was that I was doing so much of them, and i couldnt hardly cough anything up. It was this horrible cough like i had never had, and i was just afraid it was going to start manifesting itself into a huge infection. I did pft's which were of course pointless because i was doing them through huge amounts of mucous, and they were 30%, down from my recent 48%- so not good. I was still having fevers which was a concern. I am actually glad I went in- I got started on antibiotics and am home now- i just got home, and am going to finish my iv's here for the next 2 weeks.

i think in the end it was best that i went in, because it was way worse to be here at my house alone, sick, than it was to be in the hospital. at least there people were waiting on me, and i knew i was doing the right thing and not worrying if i was going to get better or not. ugh, cepacia is not fun.

my 'ex' boyfriedn actually really came through for me and has been with me since wednesday, and is stayin gwith me this weekend. We havent talked about anything, but he has been a great friend- getting all my food, doing everything for me, doing chest pt, and i think we will probably have "the talk" when i get better. I am just so glad we/he could both be mature enough to be friends for this, and he could help me.

thanks for all your responses and i am sorry i wasnt there to read them, but i really appreciate everyones advice. for all of you on the east coast- enjoy the storm!! i am looking forward to getting into my own bed

Caitlin

anonymous

Hi everyone

I felt so bad that I couldnt respond to my desperate and sad post, but I ended up going into the doctors that morning, and being admitted that afternoon. I think it was for the best. I totally agree about the extra treatments, but what was scary was that I was doing so much of them, and i couldnt hardly cough anything up. It was this horrible cough like i had never had, and i was just afraid it was going to start manifesting itself into a huge infection. I did pft's which were of course pointless because i was doing them through huge amounts of mucous, and they were 30%, down from my recent 48%- so not good. I was still having fevers which was a concern. I am actually glad I went in- I got started on antibiotics and am home now- i just got home, and am going to finish my iv's here for the next 2 weeks.

i think in the end it was best that i went in, because it was way worse to be here at my house alone, sick, than it was to be in the hospital. at least there people were waiting on me, and i knew i was doing the right thing and not worrying if i was going to get better or not. ugh, cepacia is not fun.

my 'ex' boyfriedn actually really came through for me and has been with me since wednesday, and is stayin gwith me this weekend. We havent talked about anything, but he has been a great friend- getting all my food, doing everything for me, doing chest pt, and i think we will probably have "the talk" when i get better. I am just so glad we/he could both be mature enough to be friends for this, and he could help me.

thanks for all your responses and i am sorry i wasnt there to read them, but i really appreciate everyones advice. for all of you on the east coast- enjoy the storm!! i am looking forward to getting into my own bed

Caitlin

anonymous

Yeah but who would be there to get things for you. Thats my main problem! And I dont like wallowing either- its a sh*tty feeling

Caitlin

anonymous

Yeah but who would be there to get things for you. Thats my main problem! And I dont like wallowing either- its a sh*tty feeling

Caitlin

coltsfan715

I am so glad that you are feeling better. I know it is scary to have to face being sick when you are separated from your family. I am so glad for you that your ex was/is able to help you out and be there for you since you really did/do need someone. That is great that you two have that bond even though you aren't currently together.

I wish you a super quick recovery and am glad that you are feeling better than before. I hope you have a good day even if you are cooped up at home. I swear I think we keep Blockbuster open when I am sick the amount of movies we rent and watch is ridiculous.

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

I am so glad that you are feeling better. I know it is scary to have to face being sick when you are separated from your family. I am so glad for you that your ex was/is able to help you out and be there for you since you really did/do need someone. That is great that you two have that bond even though you aren't currently together.

I wish you a super quick recovery and am glad that you are feeling better than before. I hope you have a good day even if you are cooped up at home. I swear I think we keep Blockbuster open when I am sick the amount of movies we rent and watch is ridiculous.

Take Care,
Lindsey