Not taking enzymes...

D

dtc0507

Because of insurance problems, I haven't been able to take my enzymes for about a week...I've been getting constipation, is this normal? Like I feel that I have to go to the bathroom but after I sit I can't get anything out. Also, I think I've lost a little bit of weight...will that continue to happen? (I don't take a lot of enzymes...usually only 3 a day, have been taking them for 8 years) and I will get this insurance mishap cleared up, but I just wanted to know in the meantime.

Enzo2311

I wouldn't think it'd cost constipation but the complete opposite. Weight loss will continue.

I cant ant really relate, because with or without my enzymes I have gained weight. Which urkes my doctors cause they say they want me taking my enzymes but they can't annoy me about it cause I'm at a healthy weight (basically their own words).

there are natural enzymes you could buy in the mean time.

jersmith

Banned
Take natural probiotics, such as Plantadophilus, to help maintain a healthy colon pH and prevent harmful bacteria growth in the intestines. but consult doctor first

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
In addition to weight loss, failure to get adequate nutrition/vitamins... If you don't take enzymes you run the risk of a bowel obstruction. That same sticky mucus that clogs up your lungs, can clog up your intestines. DS was born with a bowel obstruction caused by meconium ileus and spent the first 6 weeks of his life in the NICU recovering from surgery. Until we got ds enzymes adjusted as a baby, we dealt with a lot of constipation issues -- would have to clean him out with a laxative. When he was 6 he had his 2nd bowel obstruction and needed surgery.

Contact your clinic to see if they can get you some samples in the mean time. Not something you want to mess with.

Y

yanne

WTF??? You can't take enzymes because of Insurance problems??? But that's CRIMINAL, that that's possible.. :( :( One of the most basic medications we all need... Can't someone with CF send you a few boxes? If I don't take my enzymes, I'm probably up for emergency within a few days because of the pain...

Kelly Rachell

Source Naturals Daily Essential Enzyme
It beat another enzyme product in an oatmeal test that I read about in a document assembled by Jon Barron. The oatmeal test is simple: prepare some oatmeal, and place equal amounts (I had about half a cup of oatmeal in each bowl) into two separate bowls. Dump equal amounts of the enzyme supplements you are testing into the bowls (one bowl per supplement). Stir it up, then let it sit for a few minutes. The enzyme supplement which produces oatmeal with a runnier consistency is likely the superior product (don't try and eat the oatmeal with enzymes--I don't think it will taste good).
When I performed this test with this product and an NSI enzyme product, this product made the oatmeal much runnier. It was cool to see the enzymes in action. What is also nice about this product is that it packs more enzyme potential per capsule than the other product, which means this product last longer because it requires a smaller serving size. One more thing--since I've started taking this enzyme supplement, I no longer feel sluggish after my afternoon meals (provided I get enough sleep). And overall, I feel better. Hard to describe, and I know the placebo effect may be occurring, but there you have it.
http://www.amazon.com/Source-Naturals-Essential-Enzymes-Capsules/dp/B000GFSVPU
w.png