Note to self

1BumLung

So, is "everybody" really using Cayston? (Like they tell me at Clinic.)<br>Isn't the cleaning process a pain in the neck and major time drain?<br>It certainly is for anywhere other than home...<br><br>

1BumLung

So, is "everybody" really using Cayston? (Like they tell me at Clinic.)<br>Isn't the cleaning process a pain in the neck and major time drain?<br>It certainly is for anywhere other than home...<br><br>

Treble

I honestly just run each piece of mine under scolding hot water for a good 15 seconds each then air dry em, lol. Seems to work just fine.

Treble

I honestly just run each piece of mine under scolding hot water for a good 15 seconds each then air dry em, lol. Seems to work just fine.

Kristen

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>1BumLung</b></i>

So, is "everybody" really using Cayston? (Like they tell me at Clinic.)
Isn't the cleaning process a pain in the neck and major time drain?
It certainly is for anywhere other than home...

</end quote>

<br>I've timed it. The entire process - from going to the fridge, mixing the meds, putting together the neb cup, taking the medicine, and cleaning the cup, takes 7-8 minutes. So, doing that three times a day, (plus the few minutes it takes to throw everything in the sterilizer at the end of the day), is still less time than it takes to do Tobi twice a day (at least, when I took Tobi, it took me 20 minutes per treatment). And Cayston is a bit more flexible as far as when you have to take it.<br>Although, I DO wonder about what you are supposed to do when away from home - if I am traveling, for example, I can't exactly lay the parts out to dry. So, can I just wait until I am home to clean it? Or should I clean it and then just store all the wet parts in a container?

Kristen

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>1BumLung</b></i>

So, is "everybody" really using Cayston? (Like they tell me at Clinic.)
Isn't the cleaning process a pain in the neck and major time drain?
It certainly is for anywhere other than home...

</end quote>

<br>I've timed it. The entire process - from going to the fridge, mixing the meds, putting together the neb cup, taking the medicine, and cleaning the cup, takes 7-8 minutes. So, doing that three times a day, (plus the few minutes it takes to throw everything in the sterilizer at the end of the day), is still less time than it takes to do Tobi twice a day (at least, when I took Tobi, it took me 20 minutes per treatment). And Cayston is a bit more flexible as far as when you have to take it.<br>Although, I DO wonder about what you are supposed to do when away from home - if I am traveling, for example, I can't exactly lay the parts out to dry. So, can I just wait until I am home to clean it? Or should I clean it and then just store all the wet parts in a container?

cf4life

I think one of the real issues is that you just can't go on the internet and buy 10 altera nebs cheaply so that you have some flexibility in cleaning. The process does not have to be much different then what you do for your other nebs. If you boil your other nebs after each use, you should boil altera pieces too. If you are more lax in your cleaning of your regular neb plastic pieces, and you are comfortable with that, then why would you do anything different. The only difference becomes the metal head, which if not cleaned right away can clog. If you are looking for a time saver just rinse and store in alcohol. After you are on Cayston for several months you will have some extra nebs to work with.

cf4life

I think one of the real issues is that you just can't go on the internet and buy 10 altera nebs cheaply so that you have some flexibility in cleaning. The process does not have to be much different then what you do for your other nebs. If you boil your other nebs after each use, you should boil altera pieces too. If you are more lax in your cleaning of your regular neb plastic pieces, and you are comfortable with that, then why would you do anything different. The only difference becomes the metal head, which if not cleaned right away can clog. If you are looking for a time saver just rinse and store in alcohol. After you are on Cayston for several months you will have some extra nebs to work with.

rubyroselee

<P><div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Treble</b></i> I honestly just run each piece of mine under scolding hot water for a good 15 seconds each then air dry em, lol. Seems to work just fine.</end quote> </P>
<P></P>
<P>Yep, that's exactly what I do. In fact, I have done that my whole life. Every once in a great while I'll throw them in the dishwasher on high heat, but usually just the tap water is good enough for me.</P>

rubyroselee

<P><div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Treble</b></i> I honestly just run each piece of mine under scolding hot water for a good 15 seconds each then air dry em, lol. Seems to work just fine.</end quote> </P>
<P></P>
<P>Yep, that's exactly what I do. In fact, I have done that my whole life. Every once in a great while I'll throw them in the dishwasher on high heat, but usually just the tap water is good enough for me.</P>