Noxafil and kidneystones ?

Hey everyone!
One year ago I started to have problems with kidney stones and this year (2010) have I had 2 kidney stone surgeries. Now I am on inquiry to see if the doc can find out the reason why I get kidney stones.
I have an idea it maybe could be the fungus med I am on called NOXAFIL because it started after I had begun with the med but I don´t know.
I wonder if someone else that take the fungus med NOXAFIL get kidney stones that maybe could be a side-effect from the medication. But I am not sure it is.
Hope everyone are doing well Hugs / Marie

Hey everyone!
One year ago I started to have problems with kidney stones and this year (2010) have I had 2 kidney stone surgeries. Now I am on inquiry to see if the doc can find out the reason why I get kidney stones.
I have an idea it maybe could be the fungus med I am on called NOXAFIL because it started after I had begun with the med but I don´t know.
I wonder if someone else that take the fungus med NOXAFIL get kidney stones that maybe could be a side-effect from the medication. But I am not sure it is.
Hope everyone are doing well Hugs / Marie

Hey everyone!
<br />One year ago I started to have problems with kidney stones and this year (2010) have I had 2 kidney stone surgeries. Now I am on inquiry to see if the doc can find out the reason why I get kidney stones.
<br />I have an idea it maybe could be the fungus med I am on called NOXAFIL because it started after I had begun with the med but I don´t know.
<br />I wonder if someone else that take the fungus med NOXAFIL get kidney stones that maybe could be a side-effect from the medication. But I am not sure it is.
<br />Hope everyone are doing well Hugs / Marie

rubyroselee

Hi there,

Kidney stones are somewhat common in people with CF - something like 10-20% of CFers get them. It has something to do with our absorption issues.

And I am one of them!

I have had kidney stones for 10 years now and just recently I went through 2 lithotripsy procedures. So I'm really trying hard to stick to the normal kidney stone prevention measures, but I'm not sure how much it really helps considering we're more prone to them anyways.

I would not think it's due to your medications.

rubyroselee

Hi there,

Kidney stones are somewhat common in people with CF - something like 10-20% of CFers get them. It has something to do with our absorption issues.

And I am one of them!

I have had kidney stones for 10 years now and just recently I went through 2 lithotripsy procedures. So I'm really trying hard to stick to the normal kidney stone prevention measures, but I'm not sure how much it really helps considering we're more prone to them anyways.

I would not think it's due to your medications.

rubyroselee

Hi there,
<br />
<br />Kidney stones are somewhat common in people with CF - something like 10-20% of CFers get them. It has something to do with our absorption issues.
<br />
<br />And I am one of them!
<br />
<br />I have had kidney stones for 10 years now and just recently I went through 2 lithotripsy procedures. So I'm really trying hard to stick to the normal kidney stone prevention measures, but I'm not sure how much it really helps considering we're more prone to them anyways.
<br />
<br />I would not think it's due to your medications.