NYC CF Centers..where do you go??

letsrockcfem

Hey everyone I am planning to relocate (as some of you know) to New York City in the next few months. I am scoping out potential jobs, housing and most importantly CF Centers.

If you live in the city, where do you go? Who do you see? Do you like it or love it? Would you recommed the hospital and the doc?
Let me know..I am planning to be in city on Jan 22-26 and want to meet with people from a couple or a few CF centers out there to set up my care.

Thanks in advance,
Rock CF.
Em

letsrockcfem

Hey everyone I am planning to relocate (as some of you know) to New York City in the next few months. I am scoping out potential jobs, housing and most importantly CF Centers.

If you live in the city, where do you go? Who do you see? Do you like it or love it? Would you recommed the hospital and the doc?
Let me know..I am planning to be in city on Jan 22-26 and want to meet with people from a couple or a few CF centers out there to set up my care.

Thanks in advance,
Rock CF.
Em

letsrockcfem

Thanks in advance,
Rock CF.
Em

Scarlett81

Dr. Walker at St. Vincent's. There are 2 docs there. They rock! As I've said many times before here-it is Dr W that took a 50% fev1 girl with lots of other health problems, and made her into healthy 75% fev1 girl. And on top of it I'm pregnant-that wouldn't have been possible without her helping me to get my pfts so high. Going to her was the best decision I've ever made.

Scarlett81

Dr. Walker at St. Vincent's. There are 2 docs there. They rock! As I've said many times before here-it is Dr W that took a 50% fev1 girl with lots of other health problems, and made her into healthy 75% fev1 girl. And on top of it I'm pregnant-that wouldn't have been possible without her helping me to get my pfts so high. Going to her was the best decision I've ever made.

Scarlett81

ess922

Just want to add a second to Christian's comments! I am a huge fan of Dr. Walker and the entire St. Vincent's CF Center team! They are fabulous. Dedicated. Caring. Aggressive in their treatment of CF and outstanding advocates for their patients.

But its such a personal decision... You've got a great idea to meet with a few CF centers while you are in town to find the best fit for <i>you</i>. These may be resources you already know but just in case: There is Dr. Emily DiMango (spelling?) at Columbia Presbyterian & I think there might be a small CF center at Mt. Sinai (?) Then there are centers outside NYC proper... Like Stonybrook & Long Island Jewish Medical Center out on the Island and there's a center in Westchester (Valhalla) run by Dr. Allen Dozer (again not sure of spelling, sorry). All of those are commutable options from New York City.

Good luck! Welcome to NYC. Please feel free to PM if I can help further with more information as you prepare for your trip. Best, Ellie

ess922

Just want to add a second to Christian's comments! I am a huge fan of Dr. Walker and the entire St. Vincent's CF Center team! They are fabulous. Dedicated. Caring. Aggressive in their treatment of CF and outstanding advocates for their patients.

But its such a personal decision... You've got a great idea to meet with a few CF centers while you are in town to find the best fit for <i>you</i>. These may be resources you already know but just in case: There is Dr. Emily DiMango (spelling?) at Columbia Presbyterian & I think there might be a small CF center at Mt. Sinai (?) Then there are centers outside NYC proper... Like Stonybrook & Long Island Jewish Medical Center out on the Island and there's a center in Westchester (Valhalla) run by Dr. Allen Dozer (again not sure of spelling, sorry). All of those are commutable options from New York City.

Good luck! Welcome to NYC. Please feel free to PM if I can help further with more information as you prepare for your trip. Best, Ellie

ess922

JazzysMom

I vote for St. Vincents & Doctor Walker also LOL. I recommended them when you first talkked about relocating & have been patiently waiting for you to do so.....

JazzysMom

I vote for St. Vincents & Doctor Walker also LOL. I recommended them when you first talkked about relocating & have been patiently waiting for you to do so.....

JazzysMom