Off Label Kalydeco-My follow up Appt.

M

marcijo

I had my 4 week follow up appt for Kalydeco. I am DF508 and R117H and am on it off-label. I asked my doctor to prescribe it, and insurance covered it.
I went in today to have repeat PFTs and a repeat sweat test done. My FEV1 was at 83% a month ago, today it was at 87%. I was hoping it would be higher-but the fact that it increased 4% I am happy with!
My last sweat test (before I started Kalydeco) was 81. Anything over 60 is considered CF, 40-60 is borderline, and under 40 is normal.
My sweat test today was 36. Which means my body is working normally! So Kalydeco does work on R117H! I am THRILLED!

M

marcijo

I had my 4 week follow up appt for Kalydeco. I am DF508 and R117H and am on it off-label. I asked my doctor to prescribe it, and insurance covered it.
I went in today to have repeat PFTs and a repeat sweat test done. My FEV1 was at 83% a month ago, today it was at 87%. I was hoping it would be higher-but the fact that it increased 4% I am happy with!
My last sweat test (before I started Kalydeco) was 81. Anything over 60 is considered CF, 40-60 is borderline, and under 40 is normal.
My sweat test today was 36. Which means my body is working normally! So Kalydeco does work on R117H! I am THRILLED!

C

cindylou

Marci, I am SO EXCITED!!! This is the best news I've heard all day, woohoo!

C

cindylou

Marci, I am SO EXCITED!!! This is the best news I've heard all day, woohoo!

M

marcijo

Incomudrox-I am an occasional exerciser...this past week I went on a walk/run for a total of 1.75 miles....only 9 minutes of it was running though.

I definitely want to get back into running though-I think it definitely helps my lungs!

M

marcijo

Incomudrox-I am an occasional exerciser...this past week I went on a walk/run for a total of 1.75 miles....only 9 minutes of it was running though.

I definitely want to get back into running though-I think it definitely helps my lungs!

JENNYC

Wow!! So happy for you!!! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us!!! That is super fantastic!!

JENNYC

Wow!! So happy for you!!! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us!!! That is super fantastic!!

C

cfgf28

Wow fantastic results! Bf goes to the dr on maonday, def think its worth inquiring about the drug!!

C

cfgf28

Wow fantastic results! Bf goes to the dr on maonday, def think its worth inquiring about the drug!!