OK, I NEED SOME SERIOUS ADVICE......

Allie

She's not being hostile, she's being honest. He is NOT GOOD FOR YOU. We're trying to help. YOu just don't really want to hear the truth.

Lilith

Don't sweat it, Allie. Let her get burned. Some people just have to learn the hard way. We gave our advice (which she asked for) and now she doesn't want to accept it, so I'm going to quote my favorite cartoon squirrel right now, Foamy from Neurotically Yours:

"You people ask for my advice, and then you don't take it, and then later you come crying back saying 'Oh my god, I don't believe it! How did it go so wrong...?' It went wrong because ya DIDN'T LISTEN TO ME!!"

JazzysMom

I think many of us hold onto that little bit that we choose to weed out of all the rest. Its thanksgiving time and many of us dont want to be alone. Unfortunately many people prefer to have a body with them rather than be alone & truly happy. I will never forget my first Thanksgiving after my first husband & I split up. I was at my Moms surrounded by my loving family yet I felt sooooooooo alone. At the same time I remember my ex asking to spend the holidays together........I remember telling him how much easier that would be, but it would be so fake & be done for the wrong reasons so I couldnt. I left him on November 6! Its always easier to say then to do. Even if you know in your heart & soul that the relationship is wrong. Even when you ask people for there advice & know what they are going to say, but you are hoping for someone to feed that little bit that you held onto. Time & pain will prove things!

65rosessamurai

Maaaan!! some people don't get the hint if it right came out and bit 'em!

I'm a guy (And apparently the only one in this loop who posted) and I highly recommended the one who started this post to dump him, 'cause he's just taken you for a ride. He's probably so fickle, he doesn't know what he wants, just hangs on to what might be usefull for him in the future.

HIS SUBCONCIOUS MIND SPOKE OUT TO HIM, and he just happened to do "his best" to break the news to you. Now, as others in this post indicated, get out, or get burned. Men, like women, will put a loved one before themselves, and make time for them, because of that. If the guys not giving any effort to the situation, get out. And, yes, "Trust no Man" can be exchanged to "Trust no Woman", if your heart is cold enough! (In my case, it's just "Don't trust that %&#* of an ex-wife)

I apologize if this may seem hostile (If so, I'm breaking my first commandment-thou shant not get upset on the forum), but you, "anonymous" did ask for an opinion, and 99% said not to continue the relationship if you value your feelings, yet you are rejecting their reply. Turn the situation around, dump him and give notice it was because of what he told you in regards to his "dream".

Another note; the comment from kybert was suggested to me that she didn't know how to reply at first, but with your irrate reply, it was a lash-back, yet I still didn't see it as anything more than self-defense, and letting go of her opinion, which she was so considerate to hold back in the first place.

Soooooooo, if you lash back at me, I'm bullet proof!! I'm wearing my hostile-proof vest!! I'm wearing my life preserver!!
Sticks and stones will break my bones, but this forum is here for suport.

kybert

no hostility here. just the truth. no point coming on here seeking advice then getting defensive when you dont hear what you want to hear. ok then, here we go then. try your hardest to get back with him and put yourself through all that pain just to win him over and if he hooks up with another chick like he said he might do you can have a threesome and he will love you forever! is that what you wanted to hear? we are telling you this for your own good. hes already told you what he wants. *what more does he have to do to get the message through???

*i said that as a real question at first but then i realised there is alot more he can do and i can tell you now those things will be a hell of alot more painful AND embarassing than being told straight up.