ok need urgent help

mrsp86

so at what stage do i ask for a gene screening what do u mean here HOWEVER, DS's was a normal 32 when he was tested. No family history either on either side of the family and geneaology records go back extensively.

mrsp86

so at what stage do i ask for a gene screening what do u mean here HOWEVER, DS's was a normal 32 when he was tested. No family history either on either side of the family and geneaology records go back extensively.

mrsp86

mrsp86

mrsp86

<br />

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
My son was born with a bowel obstruction caused by meconium illeus. While hospitalized during his recovery, they did a blood test and a sweat test. The sweat results were normal = 32. The blood test came back as postive for CF. And there was no family history of CF. So the diagnosis was a bit of a surprise.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
My son was born with a bowel obstruction caused by meconium illeus. While hospitalized during his recovery, they did a blood test and a sweat test. The sweat results were normal = 32. The blood test came back as postive for CF. And there was no family history of CF. So the diagnosis was a bit of a surprise.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Push for more extensive testing. Genetic Blood testing is the only way to conclusively rule out CF. Also, if it's NOT CF, then I'm sure you want to find out what's wrong with him. Symptoms you mentioned aren't exactly normal.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Push for more extensive testing. Genetic Blood testing is the only way to conclusively rule out CF. Also, if it's NOT CF, then I'm sure you want to find out what's wrong with him. Symptoms you mentioned aren't exactly normal.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member