ok need urgent help

grassisgreener

Unfortunately a lot of doctors aren't very knowledgeable about CF and that often leads to misdiagnosis or late diagnosis. I have heard from several parents whose doctors have pretty much said "you are crazy, your child could not have CF" and as you can guess, it turns out they do have it. So, hang in there until you get the sweat test results back. And if they are positive, make sure you let the GI know about his error bc it might help prevent someone else from being blown off.

Hoping you get some answers soon!

grassisgreener

Unfortunately a lot of doctors aren't very knowledgeable about CF and that often leads to misdiagnosis or late diagnosis. I have heard from several parents whose doctors have pretty much said "you are crazy, your child could not have CF" and as you can guess, it turns out they do have it. So, hang in there until you get the sweat test results back. And if they are positive, make sure you let the GI know about his error bc it might help prevent someone else from being blown off.

grassisgreener

grassisgreener

grassisgreener

<br />
<br />Hoping you get some answers soon!

S

sdelorenzo

My nephew saw a GI at the CF clinic for a few yrs before my daughter was diagnosed with cf. It took my daughter's diagnosis for the GI dr to test my nephew. The GI thought my nephew was too healthy to have cf as well even though he carries the most common cf genes (delta 508) and he had plenty of symptoms.
Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 5 both with cf

S

sdelorenzo

My nephew saw a GI at the CF clinic for a few yrs before my daughter was diagnosed with cf. It took my daughter's diagnosis for the GI dr to test my nephew. The GI thought my nephew was too healthy to have cf as well even though he carries the most common cf genes (delta 508) and he had plenty of symptoms.

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

<br />Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 5 both with cf

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
0-40 is considered normal
40-60 is considered borderline
60+ is considered positive

HOWEVER, DS's was a normal 32 when he was tested. No family history either on either side of the family and geneaology records go back extensively.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

HOWEVER, DS's was a normal 32 when he was tested. No family history either on either side of the family and geneaology records go back extensively.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />40-60 is considered borderline
<br />60+ is considered positive
<br />
<br />HOWEVER, DS's was a normal 32 when he was tested. No family history either on either side of the family and geneaology records go back extensively.