One thing about CF that still really pisses me off!

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Ricky123</b></i>

sean mate i know exactly what ya going through cos i have experienced just the frustrations you have described and the way i deal with it (well in the last 2 months) is i give myself a day off treatments once a week this includes all nebulisers physio etc so iam totally compliant 6 days a week but the friday or saturday when all my mates are going out i dont bother yes my health will suffer slightly in the long term but iam not bothered so what if i dont live a extra 5 or 6 years i rather experience some normal life while iam here and the thing is i feel a lot better phychologically since i skip treatment once a week i relax more with my mates and can actually enjoy their company a lot more knowing for one day at least i dont have to worry about bloude medicines

life is about quality not quantity</end quote></div>

I understand you dont consume yourself with the worry of long term affects, but do you have short term affects? I no longer can get thru the day easily if I skip both treatments. I have to have a minimum of one otherwise I cant breath. So although in my heart I love the concept of quality versus quantity, there is a balance for me. Having the extra time to play because I dont do all my treatments doesnt mean anything if I am not 100% thus the quality isnt there. So a balance is always nice!

Ricky123

i spose jazzy mom it depends on the individual some people can get away with it others cant but i really feel for ya if ya cant breathe if ya miss treatments and from reading some of your previous posts your fev1 use to be really good like say 5 years ago so it is hard i totally understand and sympathise with your situation

Ricky123

i spose jazzy mom it depends on the individual some people can get away with it others cant but i really feel for ya if ya cant breathe if ya miss treatments and from reading some of your previous posts your fev1 use to be really good like say 5 years ago so it is hard i totally understand and sympathise with your situation

Ricky123